How Did You Come Up With Your "nickname"

Lounge By spottydog Updated 24 Jul 2006 , 5:26pm by daltonam

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 11:41pm
post #61 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstersmom

My children inspired mine. The night I was signing up for CC, they were driving me crazy with their fighting and generally acting like little monsters. Hence "Monstersmom", but they really are great kids, most of the time icon_lol.gif

I totally totally understand that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 12:20am
post #62 of 72

Ditto here. I love the monstermom nickname!

morg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morg Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 8:24am
post #63 of 72
Quote:
Quote:

Me and a gal from Minnesota tied for first .. she became GPW and I GPE .. and yes I still have my tiara ..

LMAO! I love it.

My NN is boring too. Back in 6th grade some friends decided they thought I was like Morgan le Fey, so they nicknamed me Morgana. It got shortened to Morg. I caught a lot of cr*p over it after I enrolled as a crime scene tech. Morg became morgue and I quit using it except online.

Eliza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eliza Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 1:03pm
post #64 of 72

Me..... Eliza...... Thornberry...... old school photo's. icon_confused.gif

I'm hiding it deep in a drawer now, as my DH decided that I look like Eliza Thornberry's lost twin sister on one of them. (identical!!! icon_eek.gif )
Ok, and my first name is Elizabeth.

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 1:07pm
post #65 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza

Me..... Eliza...... Thornberry...... old school photo's. icon_confused.gif

I'm hiding it deep in a drawer now, as my DH decided that I look like Eliza Thornberry's lost twin sister on one of them. (identical!!! icon_eek.gif )
Ok, and my first name is Elizabeth.

So is mine! I have no idea where they came up with Lisa out of Elizabeth!

Eliza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eliza Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 6:29pm
post #66 of 72

Lisa, I know what you mean. icon_lol.gif I can't tell you how many times must I explain why I'm called Elna ( I'm from sunny South Africa ). It is from the first 2 letters from Elizabeth and the last two letters from my second name. icon_cry.gif Please don't ask. tapedshut.gif We are 4 counsins named after my grandma. icon_eek.gif Luckly all 4 mums decided on diffrent names!!!!

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 7:43pm
post #67 of 72

My children (those born by me, but not my stepson) both begin with Z's

Mama of Z = Zmama

also, "Because I am Zee MAMA, zat is why."

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 12:23pm
post #68 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by spottydog

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATE39

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottydog

I love hearing these stories!

Kate ...your a fire gal???

WHY YES I AM!!!! I HAVE BEEN INVOLVED WITH THIS DEPARTMENT FOR AT LEAST SEVEN YEARS. I HAVE OFFICIALLY BEEN A MEMBER WITH THE DEPT FOR 1 1\\2 YEARS. I AM CURRENTLY TAKING FIRE ESSENTIALS CLASS WHICH TEACHES ME ALL THE BASICS AND HOW TO GO IN A BURNING BUILDING AND FIGHT IT AND BE SAFE ABOUT IT. IN A FEW WEEKS I WILL BE TAKING A PUMP OPS CLASS WHICH TEACHES YOU HOW TO PUMP THE TRUCK. (HOW TO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF WATER PRESSURE GOING THROUGH YOUR OWN TRUCK INTO THE NEXT TRUCK OR HOSE TO FIGHT THE FIRE) A LOT TO LEARN!!!! I WILL NEED TO PUT ON MY MATH THINKING CAP FOR THE FIRST 8 HOURS OF THIS CLASS. THE NEXT 8 HOURS WILL BE THE FUN PART OF ACTUALLY PUMPING THE TRUCK AND PLAYING WITH THE WATER!!!!!

Good for you girl! I have always wanted to give it a try but I guess I never had the guts. Your brave and I give you so much credit to even enyertain the thought of entering a firehouse full of men! My dad is a retired fire chief and he ALWAYS gave the women ALOT of credit. Good luck and thanks in advance for all you'll do.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. THE GUYS IN MY HOUSE ARE ALL LIKE THE BROTHERS THAT I NEVER HAD. THEY ARE A GREAT BUNCH AND WILL HELP OUT WHENEVER I NEED THE EXTRA PUSH. THEY MAKE ME PUSH MYSELF EXTRA HARD BECAUSE I AM THE TYPE OF PERSON THAT ALWAYS SAYS I CAN'T DO THIS, I WILL NEVER FIGURE THIS OUT, THIS IS TOO HARD FOR ME. THEY ARE ALWAYS THERE FOR ME - ALL OF THEM. I HOPE NONE OF THEM SEE THIS BECAUSE IT WILL GO TO ALL OUR THEIR HEADS! JUST JOKING! THEY ARE THE BEST! WE ARE FAMILY - MOST OF THE GUYS THERE HAVE MY KIDS CALLING THEM UNCLE BEFORE THEY SAY THEIR NAMES, SO WE ARE CLOSE.

TC YES I HAVE BEEN EXTREMELY BUSY! HOPEFULLY I WILL HAVE TIME AT THE END OF THE WEEK. I HAVE A TEST ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT IN FIRE ESSENTIALS CLASS. WILL TALK TO YOU LATER! CATHY

PinkPreppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkPreppy Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 1:09pm
post #69 of 72

PinkPreppy - I wear Lilly Pulitzer way too much! Pink, green, all of the fresh colors! Am so preppy (in a funny, good way). Love Rachell Ashwell's shabby chic cottage style too! Hence, PinkPreppy!

Great topic and the "cakers" are such a diverse group of people with so many interesting stories!

countrygal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrygal Posted 17 Jul 2006 , 9:34pm
post #70 of 72

I came up with my nickname because i'm a country gal. I was going to use jeffgordonfan or southerncowgirl but decided on countrygal. icon_lol.gif

Jami

sweetsuccess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsuccess Posted 23 Jul 2006 , 3:32pm
post #71 of 72

It's more of my dream, to be successful at what I love--making decorated sweets (cakes, cookies, candies etc).

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 24 Jul 2006 , 5:26pm
post #72 of 72

wow i love reading this,

pinkpreppy,

i would love to dress my dd in lily all the time, she'd just want to go play in it haha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%