Aaaak Need An Idea

Decorating By hnogden Updated 22 May 2007 , 6:35pm by DecoratingDingbat

hnogden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hnogden Posted 22 May 2007 , 5:44pm
post #1 of 8

I have a friend who needs a cake for work. It is for a load of HS grads who come from different schools and one employee who is leaving the company. I am totally stumped for ideas. Being kind of new to the decorating thing My brain is mush when it comes to design ideas. If there is anyone who may be able to help me come up with ideas I would appriceate it.
Thanks

7 replies
MMorales11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MMorales11 Posted 22 May 2007 , 5:50pm
post #2 of 8

Well first thing I would consider is what kind of work she does? Maybe her hobbies if you know her. And whats the relationship between the HS Students and the lady whos leaving the company? Maybe do 2 smallers cakes to accomodate both themes?

Heatherly30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heatherly30 Posted 22 May 2007 , 5:51pm
post #3 of 8

The first thing that came to mind was a cap and gown. Is this a cake to celebrate the graduation and the other person moving on?

suchie6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suchie6 Posted 22 May 2007 , 5:54pm
post #4 of 8

Trying to combine the various grads and an employee leaving - you can do a cake without a theme - or - just a congrat's and good luck. Something like this I found on the web..

http://www.chocolatebakery.com/images/landing/graduation_euphoria_320w.jpg

[/img]

Pacilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pacilla Posted 22 May 2007 , 5:54pm
post #5 of 8

Why not try something along the lines of 'new horizons'?

hnogden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hnogden Posted 22 May 2007 , 5:54pm
post #6 of 8

Yeah it is 2 themes on one cake. Normally I would do 2 cakes but it only needs to feed like 30 people and I am only charging her for supplies so I didnt want to spend like ooooodles of time on this, but it is my rep on the line and I am trying to make a business out of this sooo it has to be groovy. She has totally left the design up to me. I was thinking of "cutting" the cake in half with a slab of chocolate and doing like a dual personality cake on each side of the chocolate. UGH I dunno, now that I read that it sounds goofy.

CEC3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CEC3 Posted 22 May 2007 , 6:06pm
post #7 of 8

You can split you cake in have with design. I had a grad and a granfather's birthday who gardens. So half was a cap & gown and the other a really neat garden with cabbage, carrots, lettuce, tomatoes and dirt (cocoa powder & powder sugar). Everyone love it even when gramp's blow the dirt all over the cake. Just have fun.

DecoratingDingbat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DecoratingDingbat Posted 22 May 2007 , 6:35pm
post #8 of 8

Is the person leaving for retirement?

Just off the top off my head .... a graduation hat and a fondant figure walking away (been there... done that ... have fun kids!)

I keep thinking the circle of life - round cake with grads running, throwing hats ... employee running away from them. (FBCT maybe?) If the employee is leaving for a better job they could be holding a fist full off dollars.

The game of Life just popped into my head too.... you could highlight the 'graduation' square - and maybe have a playing card flipped over from the stack reading "you change careers / retire".

Hope the creativity starts flowing for you - nothing worse than a creative block! I have a cake in my fridge right now - NO idea what to do to it!! ARRRRGG!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%