My Cake Was The Leaning Tower Of Pizzaa

Decorating By mcclj9583 Updated 22 Jun 2006 , 12:30am by mcclj9583

mcclj9583 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcclj9583 Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 7:29pm
post #1 of 5

Ahh...I am pretty new around here posting - I have read forever, but have not posted so much because I usually don't know the answer. I made a cake last night - and it turned out to be the leaning tower of pizzaa. I used pudding filling - and well I wanted to use more because there wasnt enough filling in the one that I had done for father's day - and well it started to lean...is there some way to prevent this? if not - i guess i have to use smaller amounts of filling...thanks for the help...

4 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 5

With soft filling, you can only use a small amount. The weight of the layers will press it down. It will lean, or the filling will squish out-not pretty.

You can increase the ratio of filling to cake by torting the layers. Split the cake layer in to two or three even slices and then fill each layer with a small amount of filling.

cakedreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedreams Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 5

I have also used a dowl rod before to hold a slippery cake. Worked for me. Good luck
Cakedreams

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 8:22pm
post #4 of 5

Also, did you pipe a dam around the edge of the cake before you put the filling in? This will help prevent the pudding from squishing out on the sides of tbe cake and you will also be able to add more filling. Hope this helps!

mcclj9583 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcclj9583 Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 12:30am
post #5 of 5

Yeah - i used a double dam (2 layers) - but it started to tip - thanks for all the tips- maybe i will try the dowel - i just wanted thick layers of filling - i guess i need to use a stiffer filling then - i am making cupcakes instead now - icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%