Finally Got My Film Developed... Pics Of Roasted Pig Cake

Decorating By melissablack Updated 13 May 2005 , 10:47pm by MrsMissey

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 13 May 2005 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 8

... and also my dd's first birthday cake. It is the one from pg. 42 of the Wilton 2005 yearbook, adapted slightly to my liking icon_razz.gif Of course it didn't turn out as perfect as I had imagined it in my head.. they never do, but overall I was pretty pleased with it, and it was SO delicious too.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&pos=-3987

The pig cake was a minor disaster. During transport, it cracked in half where I had joined the head to the body, and the MMF tail broke, and a container of baby wipes slid off the back seat onto it and made a big dent, ... I could go on!!! It was a nightmare. It was for a luau party at our church, with over a hundred people there and I really wanted to make a good impression. At the last minute DH went home to change and brought me my stuff to fix the cake, so needless to say I did not have time to 'perfect' it. I still got tons of compliments though, and the pastor even mentioned it from the pulpit the next day!
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=46&pos=1#next
Thanks for looking! (My pictures turned out HORRIBLE icon_sad.gif . I don't know if it's my camera or the lighting or what. I was really dissapointed.

Melissa icon_smile.gif

7 replies
momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 13 May 2005 , 4:49pm
post #2 of 8

Great job dispite all of the Mishaps! lOL. seems like there is a mishap behind every cake ive done too!

i love the strawberry shortcake one!!!!

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 13 May 2005 , 5:49pm
post #3 of 8

I love it!!! Please check your pm!

Lisa

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 13 May 2005 , 8:57pm
post #4 of 8

icon_biggrin.gif thats one cool roasted pig!!!!!!!!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 13 May 2005 , 9:42pm
post #5 of 8

Melissa I think your cakes turned out great! You worked hard on them & deserve a big pat on the back!! Great job!!!

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 13 May 2005 , 9:46pm
post #6 of 8

It's a great picture and you did a wonderful job with it. Really creative!!

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 13 May 2005 , 9:53pm
post #7 of 8

That's a cool cake thumbs_up.gif

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 13 May 2005 , 10:47pm
post #8 of 8

Your cakes turned out terrific..I love the little piggy! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%