Twist Ties?

Decorating By mizshelli Updated 30 Apr 2007 , 2:32am by cupcakegirl27

mizshelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mizshelli Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 2:13am
post #1 of 9

Anyone know where to buy these by themselves? The ones that come with some of the garbage bags are nice, but I can't go buy 4 boxes of garbage bags just for the twist ties......Is there somewhere to get them bagged by themselves? I have checked almost everywhere around here! Even Lowe's didn't have them!

8 replies
manderfrog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manderfrog Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 2:18am
post #2 of 9

Sometimes you can find them in hardware stores on a roll. I think they may be with the gardening things?? You have to cut them to the length that you want. Good luck finding them!

minnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minnow Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 2:18am
post #3 of 9

Try ULINE.com.

It was one of several websites that came up when I googled "twist ties".

HTH.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 2:20am
post #5 of 9

I know the place where I shop has the fancy ones but you pay a bit more. Is this for presentations?

If so, here is the site:

www.sweetc.com you have to call their 800# to order, but they are helpful.

Otherwise, check out HomeDepot or some other hardware stores. Like manderfrog mentioned you can find them on rolls, I found some in green in red during the holidays, I wonder now if I saw some at Michael's too? Uhmmm. I forget icon_redface.gif

Good Luck. thumbs_up.gif

Rosie_from_MD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie_from_MD Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 2:22am
post #6 of 9

You could look in the gardening section at walmart. They have some on a rool. It's like 100 ft. for $1.98. I just picked some up last week icon_smile.gif

mizshelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mizshelli Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 2:24am
post #7 of 9

Thanks! I googled and found a bunch of places, but shipping is ridiculous. I'll check Walmart next time I'm there, but I swear I already tried.....

giggysmack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giggysmack Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 2:24am
post #8 of 9

I've bought a roll at the garden centre

cupcakegirl27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakegirl27 Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 2:32am
post #9 of 9

check out your local produce section at the grocery store. Ask how much they are for a bundle, or if you have a really nice produce guy you can get them for free.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%