How Thick Do You Roll Out Your Cookies??

Baking By lacie Updated 21 Apr 2006 , 5:56pm by MichelleM77

lacie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lacie Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 2:06am
post #1 of 7

i want to put sticks in some of mine. I have rolling pin rings and have been using the 1/4 inch, eyeballing them today, i didn't think they were thick enough for the sticks. i tried gluing the sticks on the back of some of them with royal but it looked odd and didn't hold up well.

so how thick do the cookies need to be?

6 replies
momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 2:08am
post #2 of 7

I haven't actually made any cookies with sticks yet, but I read a tutorial at kitchencollections.com and it said to roll the dough out to 1/2" for cookie bouquets. HTH!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 5:21am
post #3 of 7

I made mine just a bit over 1/4" I believe and they were plenty thick enough for the sticks. I stuck the sticks in before baking, made sure they were almost to the top of the cookie, and didn't have a single problem keeping them on the stick.

pinkopossum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkopossum Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 10:30am
post #4 of 7

mine are normally rolled out a but over 1/4 inch, but not quite 1.2 inch - hth

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 11:48am
post #5 of 7

I agree - for cookies without sticks, I generally roll the dough about 1/4 inch thick. I do a little thicker, but not quite to 1/2 inch when I add the sticks.

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 12:52pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacie

i want to put sticks in some of mine. I have rolling pin rings and have been using the 1/4 inch, eyeballing them today, i didn't think they were thick enough for the sticks. i tried gluing the sticks on the back of some of them with royal but it looked odd and didn't hold up well.

so how thick do the cookies need to be?

I did 2 mini tutorials in this forum (cookies). One was called Rolling out Cookie Dough or something like That. The other was Making cookies without cookie cutters. You will need to search for them. They might be on page 2 of the forum.

Eeeeekkkkk... It's 8:53 AM... I'm suppose to be at the office for 9... Gotta go...

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 5:56pm
post #7 of 7

LOL!! I'm usually eeeking because it's 3:00a.m. and I have to be up at 7:00am with the kiddo for school!! Who needs sleep when there is baking to be done!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%