Pink Champagne Cake

Decorating By DiscoLady Updated 7 Sep 2015 , 2:20am by Brasilianbaker

DiscoLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiscoLady Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 23

Just wanted to share this recipe I found for a Pink Champagne cake. someone had asked for it when I posted my pics for the wedding cake tasting. It is SUPER MOIST and SUPER yummy and so romantic looking too when you cut into it.
1 box of French or white cake mix
2 envelopes Dream Whip (I tried it once using white chocolate pudding as a replacement but the DW makes MUCH more moist)
4 egg whites
1 whole egg
1/4 cup veggie oil
1 1/4 flat pink champagne

Beat all ingredients together in mixer for 3 minutes. Add a couple of drops of light pink food color (keep it light or it looks too phony). Bake according to directions and til toothpick comes out clean.

When preparing my buttercream I used salted butter and replaced the milk with flat pink champagne...soooo yummy!!

22 replies
ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 9:51pm
post #2 of 23

Thanks for sharing this recipe. I can't wait to try it!!!!

babynewyear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babynewyear Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 9:53pm
post #3 of 23

It sounds really yummy. Do you ever add Champagne flavoring? or would it be overkill. I wondered because I just bought some yesterday, thinking i would try making champagne flavored cake. icon_biggrin.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 9:55pm
post #4 of 23

DiscoLady,

This sounds so luscious!!! Don't need much of an excuse to open a bottle of bubbly!

In the recipe, are the additional egg whites whipped into a meringue and added or just plain ....

And the pink champagne in the frosting is a great touch. icon_biggrin.gif

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 10:10pm
post #5 of 23

Disco lady,
This sounds divene. The alcohol bakes out of it though right just as in cooking? Have to be careful with church cakes!

lsawyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lsawyer Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 10:18pm
post #6 of 23

I'll bet this would be great with almond champagne! It's hard to find, so we usually buy a case each year from Costco (San Diego area) during the holidays.

DiscoLady Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 10:18pm
post #7 of 23

I saw some recipes that called for champagne flavoring, this one didn't . The champagne flavor is oh so mild...you might want to try one with and without and let us know how they differ in taste.

The egg whites are not whipped, just add directly into the mix.

And yes, the alcohol will evaporate as it bakes...but not in the icing icon_rolleyes.gif

I baked two 10" cakes and it took almost a whole bottle of bubbly, I had about a 3/4 cup leftover to use in the icing...none for me icon_cry.gif

I found a recipe for a luscious doctored lemon cake that is to die for also. Let me know if you're intrested...

dsoutherngirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsoutherngirl Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 10:32pm
post #8 of 23

Whooo-hoo Nellie! I can't wait to try this one. Thanks Disco Lady for sharing! And I would love the lemon recipe too. Is it a lemon lush recipe? icon_lol.gif

DiscoLady Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 10:36pm
post #9 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsawyer

I'll bet this would be great with almond champagne! It's hard to find, so we usually buy a case each year from Costco (San Diego area) during the holidays.

I already thought of that, we always have a few bottles of that on hand (LOVE IT!!) . I always use almond extract in my icing so I think it would go great with it. I definitely will be trying it.

You live in San Diego...Temecula's Wilson Creek Winery isn't too far from you! Other stores that now carry it are Cost Plus World Market and BevMo! Tom's Farms also carry's almond champagne but they put their own label on it. Tastes the same and is less expensive than Wilson Creek. thumbs_up.gif We always buy a case to keep on hand icon_smile.gif

DiscoLady Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 10:41pm
post #10 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsoutherngirl

Whooo-hoo Nellie! I can't wait to try this one. Thanks Disco Lady for sharing! And I would love the lemon recipe too. Is it a lemon lush recipe? icon_lol.gif

No, I'm the lush icon_razz.gif !!

Here goes:
Lemon Buttermilk Cake
1 box white cake mix
1 pkg. (3.4) vanilla instant pudding
1 cup low-fat lemon yogurt
1/2 cup veggie oil
1/2 cup buttermilk
4 large eggs
2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest

Mix all together as directed on box. Batter will be thick. Bake as directed or until pick comes out clean.

So moist and oh so lemony and oh so thumbs_up.gif

crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 10:54pm
post #11 of 23

Ooh, both these recipes sound really good. I have tried the champagne flavoring in a practice cake. The people at my DH office said it was 'unique' and then made reference to a brand of cheap sparkling wine!! icon_sad.gif Of course, they still ate all of it. icon_biggrin.gif

I also thought it did not really have a champagne taste but was a little tart tasting.

Cindy

lsawyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lsawyer Posted 1 Apr 2006 , 1:31am
post #12 of 23

DiscoLady: Many thanks for the info! We love that stuff. It's especially good with See's chocolate truffles....in the spa... at night....under the moon and stars.........!!!!!

DiscoLady Posted 1 Apr 2006 , 3:25am
post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsawyer

DiscoLady: Many thanks for the info! We love that stuff. It's especially good with See's chocolate truffles....in the spa... at night....under the moon and stars.........!!!!!

woo hoo!! icon_biggrin.gif

dsoutherngirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsoutherngirl Posted 1 Apr 2006 , 3:27am
post #14 of 23

Thank you so much! I especially like that these recipes use mixes! Hubba hubba! icon_biggrin.gif

babynewyear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babynewyear Posted 1 Apr 2006 , 4:18am
post #15 of 23

Thanks a bunch! Ill have to try both of those.YUM

cakesbgood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbgood Posted 1 Apr 2006 , 4:28am
post #16 of 23

yum-E! I love anything lemon flavored icon_lol.gif Thanks discolady thumbs_up.gif

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 1 Apr 2006 , 4:31am
post #17 of 23

DiscoLady where is the Jack Daniels cake for particularly rough baking days--or days in general? You know, that would have to be eaten out of the bowl with a spoon.......

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 5 Apr 2006 , 9:54pm
post #18 of 23

Thanks for sharing your recipes! Can't wait to try both!!!

DiscoLady Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 1:22am
post #19 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamode

DiscoLady where is the Jack Daniels cake for particularly rough baking days--or days in general? You know, that would have to be eaten out of the bowl with a spoon.......

Sorry, no Jack Daniels cake recipe for rough days... that's when I break out my special brownies recipe icon_wink.gif

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 8 Apr 2006 , 4:24pm
post #20 of 23

DiscoLady -

Is there a major difference between sparkling wine and champagne? My sweet hubby went out to get me the champagne and got me sparkling pink wine. We don't drink alcohol so he didn't know there was a difference. Is there?

Rachel

DiscoLady Posted 8 Apr 2006 , 4:41pm
post #21 of 23

Sparkling wines have sulphites added to sweeten the wine and champagnes have to do with either the grade of the grapes or the region with which they're grown; or something like that.
But as far as taste, they are pretty similar, although champagnes can be drier and more expensive. ithink you;ll be okay with the sparkling wine. I actually used an Asti Spumante for mine.
Maybe you could try one that's alcohol-free.

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 8:47am
post #22 of 23

this receipe it what ive been looking for- cant wait to try it thanks for sharing. too bad i missed it for valentines day, but ill find another excuse to try it soon!

Brasilianbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brasilianbaker Posted 7 Sep 2015 , 2:20am
post #23 of 23

Hello, will this cake hold up under fondant?  Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%