Liquid Icing? ? ? ? ?

Decorating By SSCakeman Updated 6 Apr 2007 , 12:52am by nutcase68

SSCakeman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SSCakeman Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 9

I am doing a severed arm cake and I'm making hollow tubes from candy melts for the bone in the arm. I want to fill the tubes with some kind of liquid icing so when they cut into the arm it bleeds out. So does anyone know of an icing recipe for that kind of icing.

8 replies
wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 6:19pm
post #2 of 9

you could use a strawberry jam of some sort with a little piping gel mixed in to make it runny or even some corn syrup mixed in the jam

HTH

azterp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azterp Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 6:22pm
post #3 of 9

I agree - piping gel or maybe Kayro.

SSCakeman Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 6:25pm
post #4 of 9

I'll try some corn syrup and some jam tonight. I'm trying to get the consitency like paint in a can. Real Smooth and somewhat like thick paint.

EYE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EYE Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 6:28pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasevp

liquid icing so when they cut into the arm it bleeds out.

Do you remember the candy that was really a liquid in a mini-bottle shaped wax form? That just brought back a slew of memories. And also an idea... You could start with water with red food coloring in it or better yet one of the childrens red drinks like kool-ade add some piping gel to thicken it a bit and block up the end of the bone with a plug of more candy melts. Would that work?

Your idea sounds great for a halloween cake! icon_smile.gif

SSCakeman Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 6:35pm
post #6 of 9

It for a birthday cake for someone who's favorite holiday is Holloween and he also owns a haunted house. No one knows what kind of cake I'm doing. It's a suprise. Especially the oozing blood. LOL

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 6:38pm
post #7 of 9

You could also color a bit of honey, then it will have better taste then the Corn Syrup.

That is a really cool Idea, let us know how it turns out!

Good Luck.

SSCakeman Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 6:42pm
post #8 of 9

I think I am going to make a really runny buttercream or us piping gel. I'll post a pic in about two days. I'm doing all the prep tonight, assembly tommorrow, delivery the next day.

nutcase68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nutcase68 Posted 6 Apr 2007 , 12:52am
post #9 of 9

What about those tubes of liquid candy kids buy at the check stands. Some of those come in red.
Mary

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%