I Need Some Help Cake Buddies!!

Decorating By tcturtleshell Updated 22 Apr 2005 , 8:22pm by tcturtleshell

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 8:03pm
post #1 of 9

Hey!

I need some advice, help.. The wedding is tomorrow as you all now by now..

I'm doing the groom's cake now. My problem is... I put each layer of the groom's cake on 2 cake boards & wrapped with a thin layer of tinfoil. Ok... now I have a gap between each layer! I will be putting strawberries & grapes on it so it might not show.

I'm trying to figure out IF I can go ahead & stack the groom's cakes & travel with them. I put the middle cake on the bottom & it slid a little. SO I thinking if I take the tinfoil off of the bottom of the cake board then it will sit better. What do ya'll think?

I'm also doing basketweave so I do not want to do that part at the church. I thought I had everything thought through.. oh, boy! If anyone has any comment or help please give me some!! icon_smile.gif

Thank you!!!

8 replies
susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 8:09pm
post #2 of 9

how many layers are there. i made a mad hatter cake 3 differnt sizes 2 layers of each and we used dowels and cake boards.the cake was for a 16 year olds party what cake was left which i am told was most of it my cousin took it back to college with her in LA she goes to LA TECH and the cake made it there fine with out falling. so i think if you have it supported enough i think it will work depending on the actual size of the cake. does that make sense??? i hope so

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 8:12pm
post #3 of 9

I don't understand where the gap is, between the cake layers or between the board layers? Janice

tcturtleshell Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 8:13pm
post #4 of 9

The cake is 8" top, 12" middle & 16" bottom. There square. I think I will take some of the tinfoil off & put a dowel all the way through the boards. Then I will feel better.

Any more suggestions????

tcturtleshell Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 8:14pm
post #5 of 9

Between the cake boards & the bottom cake, sorry Janice!

tcturtleshell Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 8:15pm
post #6 of 9

I am using 2 cake boards under my 12" cake.. the gap is between the cake boards & the 16" cake on the bottom..

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 8:19pm
post #7 of 9

i think you will be fine once you get a dowel or two in there. the mad hatter i did was 12 9 and 6 different shapes. one square one contour round and a regualr 6 inch round. like i said it went from texas to Louisiana no problem. and that was after a few peice were cut out. you know teenage kids dont eat much cake.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 8:19pm
post #8 of 9

Your cakeboards may have warped, I had one do that when I put it in the freezer. Not much you can do when this happens, especially if you already have a decorated cake on it.

Sounds like the dowel through the center would do the most good, both for the cake and your wellbeing! Hang in there! Janice

tcturtleshell Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 8:22pm
post #9 of 9

I'm going to stack them then! I just don't wanta have to do this basketweave when I get there. I'm sure there will be people around & I can not work with someone watching me. LOL.. Thanks for your advice!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%