Whipped Icing Recipe

Baking By smileyface Updated 29 Mar 2006 , 4:29pm by smileyface

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 29 Mar 2006 , 3:58pm
post #31 of 39

Hey Squirrelly,

I'm having the same problem.

When I tried to access CC last night, it came up that they were doing maintenance...guess it is still going on icon_lol.gif

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 29 Mar 2006 , 3:58pm
post #32 of 39

Thanks kiddo, didn't think you got my Pm. It is unusual for them not to shut down when they do maintenance here.
Hugs Squirrelly

sweet_honesty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_honesty Posted 29 Mar 2006 , 4:00pm
post #33 of 39

Is there a substitute for the meringue powder in this recipe????

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 29 Mar 2006 , 4:01pm
post #34 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrellyCakes

Thanks kiddo, didn't think you got my Pm. It is unusual for them not to shut down when they do maintenance here.
Hugs Squirrelly

I sent you a pm about five mins. ago, did you receive it?

I haven't received one from you.

Solobaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solobaker Posted 29 Mar 2006 , 4:08pm
post #35 of 39

Can anybody tell me how many cups are in 1 pound of shortening? And, I too, have the same questions. Is there any substitute for the meringue powder? I usually use Wilton's meringue powder, but it's very expensive and you don't get that much use out of one can. Any suggestions?

smileyface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smileyface Posted 29 Mar 2006 , 4:11pm
post #36 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrellyCakes

Hugs Squirrelly

Youre welcome. Looks like the replies & PMS are working but the errors are making it look like nothing goes through. I tried to get on here last night and the site was shut down.icon_cry.gif Probably why I am having the DTS icon_surprised.gif this morning, I didn't get my cakecentral fix last night, LOL!!

I do remember seeing a message I think in the announcement forum on the home page when I first logged on from Jackie about the maintenance last night but I can't find it now.

You did send them a PM right? Have you checked your out or sent box to see if it is there and if they have read it yet?? That was how I saw you picked my PM up. I never got the email like I usually get or the notice flashing here.

smileyface Posted 29 Mar 2006 , 4:16pm
post #37 of 39

Sorry, I don't know about a substitute for the meringue powder but if my math is correct, there are about 2.35 cups of crisco per pound. I weigh mine so I use 192 grams per cup and there are 453 grams in the 1 lb cans.

Hope that helps!

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 29 Mar 2006 , 4:18pm
post #38 of 39

It is still in the Outbox but likely she has 10, 000 other Pm's telling her the same thing, haha! I am sure she must be aware and is working on it.
Hugs Squirrelly

smileyface Posted 29 Mar 2006 , 4:29pm
post #39 of 39

Yeah, I bet they are working on it. I just tried to do a search and to my surprise it pulled up, I was shocked when I clicked on the link and it actually opened up the topic. icon_eek.gif Hopefully it won't be too bad for them to fix.

sweet_honesty & Solobaker, maybe you can just try using powdered egg whites. I read a couple of posts that suggest that powdered egg whites should work but I haven't ever tried it myself. Maybe when the system is fixed someone who knows for sure can tell you. I always buy my meringe powder at Michael's using the 40% or 50% off coupons. It's a lot more cost effective that way, LOL!!

Hope that helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%