Is It Just Me?

Decorating By mixaleena Updated 25 Apr 2005 , 6:08pm by MindiBrad

mixaleena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixaleena Posted 20 Apr 2005 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 11

or does your flower nail rust the second it touches water? Also, mine has started to turn black (that won't come off) anyone else have this problem?

If so, any fixes?

Mixee

10 replies
tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 20 Apr 2005 , 9:52pm
post #2 of 11

Yep! Mixee... Mine are starting to rust! I guess there just made out of metal. I they are made in stainless steel too. Next time I'm at my cake store I'm gonna have to buy a few more. I haven't done many flowers lately I like to use them as a heating core.

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 20 Apr 2005 , 9:52pm
post #3 of 11

I've had one to get a little rust on it. I just took a small piece of steel wool and rubbed on it to get the rust off... looked like new again... I've never had one to turn black though.. I'm not sure what to say about that.

ilithiya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ilithiya Posted 20 Apr 2005 , 10:54pm
post #4 of 11

The welding on the rose nails is what rusts, and unfortunately, it does leave those greyish black stains on it. Use some Soft Scrub if it really bothers you; otherwise, it won't hurt anything. I've got one that's done that, and it hasn't caused problems yet.

Illy

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 20 Apr 2005 , 11:00pm
post #5 of 11

Mine rust too...I thought it was because I was putting them through the dishwasher icon_redface.gif . I don't do my pans that way but tips, couplers and nail I throw'em in.

mixaleena Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 12:15am
post #6 of 11

LOL...it doesn't bother me really...I just wanted to make sure I wasn't alone. icon_wink.gif

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 2:25am
post #7 of 11

Your're not alone... I just had to buy two more this week!

MindiBrad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MindiBrad Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 1:11pm
post #8 of 11

I haven't had a problem with rusting at all.....but it could be because I handwash them in hot soapy water and IMMEDIATELY dry them.....

I did have a #16 tip rust on me.....it actually got dropped into the garbage disposal and mangled, so I put it in the soap dish next to the sink so I would see it and it would remind me that I needed to replace it.....2 days later it was a rusty mess!

mixaleena Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 11:15pm
post #9 of 11

That is strange about the #16, I soak my tips for up to 2 days at a time and I have not had any of them rust...I assume it is because there are no seams?

Who knows. icon_smile.gif

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 25 Apr 2005 , 5:56am
post #10 of 11

I have the same problem with some of my flower nails and tips turning. I hate it because it looks odd from the rest. Tend to skip over them for the nice shiny ones.

MindiBrad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MindiBrad Posted 25 Apr 2005 , 6:08pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixaleena

That is strange about the #16, I soak my tips for up to 2 days at a time and I have not had any of them rust...I assume it is because there are no seams?

Who knows. icon_smile.gif

Im thinking that when it went it got caught in the garbage disposal, the blades chewed through whatever coating they put on the tips to make them rust-proof!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%