I Just Don't Get It....

Decorating By Jennkrem Updated 21 Apr 2005 , 2:15pm by melissablack

Jennkrem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennkrem Posted 20 Apr 2005 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 13

Why is it that some posts on this site can get a dozen plus posts/answers to thier questions while others get next to none or are ignored? Do you have to belong to a special group in order to get answers? And if so, isn't that a little unfair to those of us who are trying to learn?

I just don't get it.

thumbsdown.gif

12 replies
KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 20 Apr 2005 , 8:30pm
post #2 of 13

JENNKREM MAYBE SOME PEOPLE DON'T KNOW THE ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS. I DON'T POST THAT MANY TIMES. I READ A LOT. SORRY I COULDN'T HELP YOU.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 20 Apr 2005 , 8:36pm
post #3 of 13

well i try to answer every post, but i've been soo busy with cake orders i haven't had the time to go through every one...but i know what you mean. icon_smile.gif
there are no favorites here, just soo many cake enthusiasts and not enough time! icon_redface.gif

nashsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nashsmom Posted 20 Apr 2005 , 9:25pm
post #4 of 13

I understand what you mean, some posts get lots of replies and others don't. I don't feel that it reflects "a club" or something in any way. I do much more reading & learning than I do posting, because there are others here who are much more experienced than I and I would rather defer to their greater knowledge and experience. I do try to help out and answer questions when I am comfortable in my experience level to give an accurate answer, and sometimes a good search on the boards would answer alot of questions. I love the search tool on this site and use it frequently!

sweeterbug1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeterbug1977 Posted 20 Apr 2005 , 9:37pm
post #5 of 13

I am the same way Nashsmom. It seems that I do a lot more reading posts and gaining valuable information than I do posting and giving answers. My not answering many posts has to do with my little experience with cake decorating, not any kind of clique or club. I know that many people on this site are like myself, some days you can read and respond to most or all of the posts, then other days you cannot even seem to spend any time online because of other engagements.

luceymoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luceymoose Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 1:26am
post #6 of 13

I don't think that it signifies any "club". Sometimes, the first or second post is the perfect answer and what's the point of saying the same thing over and over again. Another reason may be that no one knows. I have waited as much as a week for a reply but when you do get a reply, it's usually very helpful. icon_smile.gif

sgirvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgirvan Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 5:30am
post #7 of 13

Well here is going to be one post that probably gets lots of replies icon_rolleyes.gif

It is not that there is some sort of club but for me, if I don't feel that I have a good answer, I don't want to mess you up and give you my advice. There are only a select few on this board that have advice for almost every question and they are very busy too. I wouldn't get upset about it, if someone really knows the answer to your post, they will post a reply!

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 5:40am
post #8 of 13

Hi. I know that there have been a few times when my posts went awhile w/o being answered. But I just wait or search to see if my question has already been answered somewhere else. The people here are usually very timely with answers. And now is a very busy time of the year for cake decorating. Don't be offended if you don't here from someone in the same day, it may even take a week. When I have had those later answers, it is usually because they are researching to find me the correct advice. And like it was stated earlier, maybe no one has an answer to the question you asked. icon_smile.gif

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 7:14am
post #9 of 13

OK Jenn I PM'd you... I dont want you to feel left out..... you have brought this to my attention, and I will make it a point to see what posts have a 0 next to it and work up that way.... I know I dont want you to feel this way, and I am sure NONE of us here do either.....

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 7:57am
post #10 of 13

icon_smile.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 12:11pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennkrem

Why is it that some posts on this site can get a dozen plus posts/answers to thier questions while others get next to none or are ignored? Do you have to belong to a special group in order to get answers? And if so, isn't that a little unfair to those of us who are trying to learn?

I just don't get it.

thumbsdown.gif

Hi Jenn,
It's not that people are getting ignored on this site, unless the poster is being rude or crude in their posts. But sometimes people just don't have an answer to your question. Also because there are soo many posts on a day to day basis, sometimes your post may get pushed down to the bottom. I know I have been checking posts for the number of replies it gets and how long it sits that way and I do have the authority to move the post up to the top in certain forums, so I try to do that. We're all pretty friendly and helpful on this site, but we also are honest with each other.
We're sorry if you have felt unwanted here, but you truly are most welcome here.
m0use
cakecentral.com moderator

****edit note, ok looked into being able to move posts to the top and I don't have that authority but I will still keep an eye out for these types of posts.

elin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elin Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 12:32pm
post #12 of 13

I do not think that any post are really ignored, but the answer is not so easy.
I do not answer if I feel that I do not have any information to give.
As I live across the sea, I dont allways know what you are asking about. Sometimes I just think " what in the earth is that".
Maybe I have to get better to ask, but in another hand I do not want to waste others time spending to expane me about it.
Sorry. But I understand your question. And I will get better too.
icon_smile.gif

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 2:15pm
post #13 of 13

Well I can only speak for myself, but I am not that experienced, so I really can't answer most of the questions on here. I reply to all posts that I feel I have some input on, but a lot of things I have no idea about.

I usually look for posts that have few or no replies and see if I can answer them, but sometimes I just have no idea and am not qualified to answer.

Melissa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%