POOR POOR TEDDY(Picture of Finished TeddyII!)

Decorating By ge978 Updated 6 Mar 2006 , 4:34pm by JamesSweetie

princessjellybean Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 8:50pm
post #31 of 79

picturing a child covered in icing sugar icon_lol.gif

frstech Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 8:52pm
post #32 of 79

I have never used the core in my bears or my trees, it just takes a little longer to bake but it makes it firmer and holds together better.

princessjellybean Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 8:58pm
post #33 of 79

frstech: really?...no core?...i do find the core annoying...it baked through evenly?..maybe i should try that next time.

frstech Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 9:06pm
post #34 of 79

yes, we do it all the time with our stand up trees and bears, you can see the trees in my pic that is a winter scene.

ChrisJ Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 9:16pm
post #35 of 79

OMG, THIS THREAD REALLY MADE MY DAY! LOL . Poor Teddy...is there such a thing as a Teddy Funeral? And ge978 you crack me up! I can just see your child covered in PS. Don't feel bad though...my kitchen is black and white but when I bake, it's all white!

ge978 Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 9:17pm
post #36 of 79

princessjellybean: I wish I could post a picture of him...he was a mess! He's 18 mos & whenever I make icing he's at the mixer with one of his plastic spoons trying to stick it in the icing. Good thing I don't bake at the house too often icon_lol.gifape: I'm not sure I can move on until I get it right icon_biggrin.gif
Okay guys ...wish me luck!! I'm going to try it without the core(thanks frstech) using a yellow mix. No, I haven't got the poundcake yet, but I figured I will just try the mix again. What's the worst that can happen? icon_lol.gif
ChrisJ: I won't admit this to my husband, but I'm kind of glad this happened...I really needed a good laugh..but shhh.gif
Again, if anyone wants to stop me from making a 2nd mistake you have about 6-7 minutes until I pour the mix in...of course it probably won't do any good because I'm like a bad little child who doesn't listen icon_surprised.gif

NEWTODECORATING Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 9:23pm
post #37 of 79

What's the worse that can happen? More CAKE BALLS!! I have an order for 45 for next week, hows bout sending teddy my way?

ge978 Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 9:27pm
post #38 of 79

newtodecorating: after all that me and Teddy have been through - not a chance icon_biggrin.gif

NEWTODECORATING Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 9:29pm
post #39 of 79

You are too funny!

lng_1978 Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 9:57pm
post #40 of 79

okay...i am dumb! what the heck is a cake ball?

les

JamesSweetie Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 10:07pm
post #41 of 79

Ge: I should have posted what my kitchen looked like this morning, there was chocolate cake bits EVERYWHERE! Tell you what, I have another cake to make this week for my mom's birthday on Tuesday, I'll take a before and after shot and post it, just for you! icon_lol.gif
Pleeeeeease post what Teddy's brother looks like when he comes out, this thread has entertained me all day icon_biggrin.gif

NEWTODECORATING Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 10:09pm
post #42 of 79

Ing1978 try this thread out it will explain

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=18108&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

They are Yummy!

dsoutherngirl Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 10:14pm
post #43 of 79

Hmmm..I tried making cake balls and I made as big a mess as teddy there. icon_redface.gif

ge978 Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 10:28pm
post #44 of 79

Jamessweetie: You are hilarious!! I will definitely post my pic of teddy when he comes out. I have to admit I've had more fun baking today than I have in awhile. You can only post a pic if its a disaster icon_lol.gif
Okay, Teddy the Sequel has about 20 minutes left baking, then I'll let him cool for awhile and we will see how it goes thumbs_up.gif

Helendelk Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 10:40pm
post #45 of 79

You know ge??.... I was looking thru your photos being the nosey ole thing I am... but you had some football cookies... Gave me an idea! icon_confused.gif

ge978 Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 11:26pm
post #46 of 79

Helendelk: That is a very creative idea...of course I'm not going to be the first to try it icon_lol.gif
Update on Teddy's brother....I didn't use the core & made it with a yellow DH mix & he looks ...dare I say.. like he may work! party.gif
I'll keep you posted on the progress.....stay tuned icon_biggrin.gif

NEWTODECORATING Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 11:47pm
post #47 of 79

Have you all seen the new Swiss Colony?? There are some lady bugs in there that are too cute of course I am thinking these could be made out of CAKE BALLS! As I continued to look through there were basketballs, footballs, soccer balls, carrots,and easter eggs, my mind almost exploded thinking of all the cake ball creations I could make!!

ge- I am going out to dinner with DH for valentines day-yes that is right I said valentines day!! I will check on teddy's progress when I get back!

ge978 Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 11:48pm
post #48 of 79

Heeeeeerrrrrs Teddy: Actually his brother icon_lol.gifLL

ge978 Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 11:50pm
post #49 of 79

newtodecorating: Have a great dinner!! I'll be decorating TeddyII in a few hours. "Talk" to you when you get back

NEWTODECORATING Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 11:51pm
post #50 of 79

YEAH!!!! His brother looks great! Is he for anything special or was he for practice? Because...I am thinking he would look very cute with a pile of cake balls around him!

frstech Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 11:56pm
post #51 of 79

Looks great, I want to see the finished product later !!

Dawn

Helendelk Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 12:11am
post #52 of 79

WOOHOOO he is standing!!!! I agree with newtocakedecorating... he should have his brother's memory with cake balls around...lol!! I just put the 3d duck in the oven.. lol It'll be a miracle if he makes it! Can't wait to see the finished bear!!! We'll be waiting!!!

spottydog Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 12:19am
post #53 of 79

Omg Everyone is TOO FUNNY!

ge978 Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 1:24am
post #54 of 79

Teddy is actually for my nephew's birthday tomorrow. He absolutely had to have a panda bear icon_lol.gif
Right now I have a 9' double round cake & Teddy going on top.Because of the "incident", I don't have as much time to decorate. Anyone got some quick & easy ideas for the bottom cake?

I am definitely posting a picture when he's done....you guys have kept me laughing through all of this. Usually I would be ready to give up by now, but this has been too much fun!!

Helendelk Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 1:50am
post #55 of 79

make the round cake look like a tree stump... use brown icing and kind swirl it around like a tree then add some leaves or something... Seems like that would be quick enough... Panda's do like trees .. or sitting on a big rock..

ge978 Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 3:16am
post #56 of 79

sorry it took so long to get back Helendelk: I've been working on TeddyII...he's actually coming out pretty good. However, I just ran out of powdered sugar & I can't find my leaf tip so I think I'll have to finish him tomorrow.
Thanks for the idea on the tree stump - hopefully I'll have enough time to ice the cake let alone decorate it icon_biggrin.gifBy the way, how's Ducky doing? I hope he came out for you.

Stay tuned: The saga continues tomorrow......

dsoutherngirl Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 3:29am
post #57 of 79

hey..see..I told you it works without that danged old core. icon_lol.gif

ge978 Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 3:31am
post #58 of 79

dsoutherngirl...I was just heading off to clean the kitchen & caught your post. The bear came out beautifully without the core...thank you for the advice. I will never use that dang thing again!! One poor mutilated Teddy is enough icon_lol.gif

ge978 Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 3:33am
post #59 of 79

dsoutherngirl...I was just heading off to clean the kitchen & caught your post. The bear came out beautifully without the core...thank you for the advice. I will never use that dang thing again!! One poor mutilated Teddy is enough icon_lol.gif

Helendelk Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 3:49am
post #60 of 79

lol... the duck joined Mr Teddy 1 ..... DH sat there and saw me stick skewer into mr Duck and saw it came out clean then when I dumped him out of pan...lol one side looked good.. then dumped other side ........ icon_eek.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%