Should Not Be Missed

Decorating By Janette Updated 27 Mar 2007 , 3:29pm by ruty

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 4:31pm
post #61 of 96

Eggshells, thanks for posting the info. I googled cocoa painting also and it is amazing what they can do. I didn't realize that it even existed until Janette started this thread.

Diane icon_biggrin.gif

Eggshells Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eggshells Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 4:32pm
post #62 of 96

icon_smile.gif

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 4:37pm
post #63 of 96

Well, my bubble has not burst at all. She only made it sound easy, but I know because I love to paint and draw, that it is not as easy as trace and fill! It still takes true talent to capture likeness and do the shading just right. Just think of FBCT..We can take the same image and have a few of us CCers make it and they will be different some professional looking and some ..(like me... icon_redface.gif) not so much! She still gets my props because she did a spectacular job on that cocoa painting! JMHO though.

-Rezzy

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 4:40pm
post #64 of 96

The only drawing I can do is stick figures.

Eggshells Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 4:41pm
post #65 of 96

I didn't mean to diminish the work done by Ruty. Sorry to have stepped on anyone's toes, icon_sad.gif

my apologies.

Eggs

Lexy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lexy Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 4:44pm
post #66 of 96

that is an amazing cake.

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 4:53pm
post #67 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggshells

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzycakes

Well, my bubble has not burst at all. She only made it sound easy, but I know because I love to paint and draw, that it is not as easy as trace and fill! It still takes true talent to capture likeness and do the shading just right. Just think of FBCT..We can take the same image and have a few of us CCers make it and they will be different some professional looking and some ..(like me... icon_redface.gif) not so much! She still gets my props because she did a spectacular job on that cocoa painting! JMHO though.

-Rezzy

Well, like I said, I didn't mean to diminish the work done by Ruty. Sorry to have stepped on anyone's toes, will do my best to behave.

my apologies.

Eggs

Speaking for myself.. No toes stepped on...No offense taken. I do appreciate you giving the instructions for cocoa painting. I just wanted to point out that, although you posted the instructions, it takes more than that to create a piece like that amazing Titanic cake.

-Rezzy

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 4:55pm
post #68 of 96

Eggs - I don't think you diminished anything - just 'cause you know HOW something was done doesn't mean you have the TALENT do to it icon_wink.gif

I mean - I can read directions on how to build a bookshelf - might not look too hard, but doesn't mean I can actually build it, LOL!

I appreciate the post - might be neat to try.

Amazing job Ruty!

Janette Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 4:57pm
post #69 of 96

Don't you just want to pull that chocolate frame off and eat it icon_razz.gif

Eggshells Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 5:11pm
post #70 of 96

Well, back to my shell 'till next week.

Eggs

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 5:13pm
post #71 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionladydi

For those who haven't checked out this woman's website, you should do so. Her cakes are beautiful. She has more talent in her little finger than I have in my whole body (and trust me, it's a big body).

Diane

Would you happen to have her website address? I'm not having any luck finding it. Thanks! icon_smile.gif

denise4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise4 Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 5:48pm
post #72 of 96

Iv'e just recieved Pm from her she's not sure on how to do a tutorial and I'm afraid I cant help her out on this, wish I could but I have never done one, like Janette said she seems a little shy, she's lovely so I would like to appeal to all the ladies on here (Natti, aine2 etc) that have done great tutorials to maybe give ruty some tips on how to go about it.... I think ruty is going to go far with her cakes, I wish her all the best for a great successful future in cake decorating

lionladydi Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 7:05pm
post #73 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionladydi

For those who haven't checked out this woman's website, you should do so. Her cakes are beautiful. She has more talent in her little finger than I have in my whole body (and trust me, it's a big body).

Diane

Would you happen to have her website address? I'm not having any luck finding it. Thanks! icon_smile.gif

www.nataliascakes.zoomshare.com

Diane

steph95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steph95 Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 7:24pm
post #74 of 96

She is very talented!! thanks for the web address

Janette Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 8:56pm
post #75 of 96

I didn't know she had a web-site

I like the one listed as wedding shower - tunnel of love

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 10:32pm
post #76 of 96

Did I miss the cocoa painting instructions? I don't see them in this post!

lionladydi Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 10:36pm
post #77 of 96

Eggshell must have taken it off. Don't know why. I think everyone liked reading it.

Diane

Janette Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 12:17am
post #78 of 96

I sent her a pm and begged for her forgiveness icon_cry.gif
I didn't mean to come across neg, I'm ashame of myself.

I ask that she please re-post icon_sad.gif

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 1:32am
post #79 of 96

Thanks for calling our attention to such a beautiful work of art. I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

Janette Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 4:28pm
post #80 of 96

To everyone going to the cake show this weekend have a blast and tell us everything when you get back.

indigojods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indigojods Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 4:57pm
post #81 of 96

Thanks Janette! I am going to the cake show this weekend and cannot wait to see this in person. Can we take pictures at the show??? It would be cool to be able to share with everyone here that cannot go.

tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 5:19pm
post #82 of 96

Indigo ~ I was wondering the same thing (about taking pictures). Thanks for asking!

I'm trying to make babysitting arrangements for this weekend so I can make it to the show. I really want to go! icon_cry.gif

Ruty, that painting is just gorgeous! The detail is so specific. It looks exactly like the picture. Great job!

Janette Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 6:09pm
post #83 of 96

It would be so great if we had a thread where pic from the show would be posted to share with the ones that couldn't go.

indigojods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indigojods Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 9:12pm
post #84 of 96

If I get some pics worth of sharing I will totally start a thread, but I would have to post them in The Lounge so we don't have to worry about people's faces, right? I will take cake pics of course, but it would also be cool to get some artists and any cc members I run into. Now I wish I had a cc shirt or something to wear...

Or should I just stick to cakes so I can post anywhere?

Janette Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 9:29pm
post #85 of 96

Too bad someone didn't think about it earlier. That would have been great to wear CC shirts so you could meet each other.

Janette Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 10:33pm
post #86 of 96

Does anyone know about what happened?

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 10:42pm
post #87 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janette

Does anyone know about what happened?

I'm confused. .. . If you are referring to the Titanic cocoa painting, I read here that she won first place!!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=186701&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=30

ruty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ruty Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 10:49pm
post #88 of 96

Hey girls!!!!, I am finally here. Sorry that I am giving you a "Hi!" until now, but I was really busy.

First of all, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, you make me feel really great, all your comments are beautiful, so supportive and I can't believe all this thread is for me, I feel like a celebrity, ja,ja,ja.

Well, I think all you want to know.... YES!!, I HAD A BLUE RIBBON, I WON!!!!!

Not "The best of the show", but I think it was fair, the winners were really amazing, I have photos of all the cakes, just give me time and I will download everything.

Do you know? I also want to see what eggshells wrote about the cocoa painting, the information she found can be really useful, I can read it and compliment what she has, there is no offense here, everything can help. I would really apreciate if she write it again.

Well, my kids are starving (ups!!!), I have to leave CC for now.

Thanks again, your guys are precious people!!!

Natalia.

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 10:59pm
post #89 of 96

Natalia,

Congrats!! party.gifparty.gifparty.gif

I am thrilled to hear that you got your blue ribbon! It is well deserved!

ruty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ruty Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 11:28pm
post #90 of 96

Thank you vickitilghman, I am thrilled too!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%