Cake Serving Sizes And Prices

Business By q2ggirl Updated 10 Feb 2006 , 1:40pm by boonenati

q2ggirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
q2ggirl Posted 9 Feb 2006 , 5:40am
post #1 of 5

I have my first wedding cake to make and I have a hard time reading those cake charts that tell you how many servings you get from a pan. I'm trying to serve about 100 people with round pans. I know not to count the top layer for the couple. So, two 6" round -2" tall pan stacked cakes will serve how many people? When the chart say 8-10 servings is that based on a 6" round - 2" tall single layer? Do I double the 8-10 servings since mine will be two 6" round stacked? icon_cry.gif

Please help!

4 replies
SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 9 Feb 2006 , 6:59am
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by q2ggirl

I have my first wedding cake to make and I have a hard time reading those cake charts that tell you how many servings you get from a pan. I'm trying to serve about 100 people with round pans. I know not to count the top layer for the couple. So, two 6" round -2" tall pan stacked cakes will serve how many people? When the chart say 8-10 servings is that based on a 6" round - 2" tall single layer? Do I double the 8-10 servings since mine will be two 6" round stacked? icon_cry.gif

Please help!

Hi kiddo,
No, the chart for 2 inch pans are for a two layer serving, so 4 inches high total and the ones for the 3 inch pans are for 1 3 inch layer which is either torted and filled or served as a single layer.
Hugs SQuirrelly

q2ggirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
q2ggirl Posted 10 Feb 2006 , 1:23pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you for your reply. I guess no one else wanted to help me.... icon_cool.gif

Sherry0565 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherry0565 Posted 10 Feb 2006 , 1:34pm
post #4 of 5

According to wilton, a 6x2 inch, round pan (double layer) will serve 12.
an 8x2 will serve 24
10x2 = 38
12x2 = 56 etc.

All of these figures are for 2-layer cakes, and are "wedding" servings.

I know what you mean about not being able to read it well, it IS very small print!

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 10 Feb 2006 , 1:40pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by q2ggirl

Please help!

Have you tried this chart?? I just ignore the layers and just use the servings and the size of the cake. I make all my cakes in 3 inch pans anyway, but i've found this chart to be really helpful
Nati

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%