My First Cookie Sale

Baking By momsandraven Updated 29 Jan 2006 , 3:56am by momsandraven

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 9

I had received an order for a birthday cake from a lady, and she emailed me last Monday wanting to know if I could make some cookies for her son to take to school for a treat also. After bouncing ideas back and forth, we decided on some little aliens. I put each one in a baggie and stapled a cute label/tag on each one. I'm not so sure I want to get in to doing cookies for sale- this was quite time consuming!
LL

8 replies
JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 10:14pm
post #2 of 9

I think you did a great job! They're really cute icon_wink.gif

bubblezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubblezmom Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 10:44pm
post #3 of 9

Very good cookie for a little boy! I really need to learn how to make the tags. I will want to do tags for birthday cookies in March.

momsandraven Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 2:14am
post #4 of 9

bubblezmom,
the tag was pretty easy. I just measured the width of the baggie and made a rectangle in Microsoft Publisher. The height of the rectangle was 4", so that when I folded it in half, the tag was the width of the baggie and 2" tall. I just put some graphics in the bottom 2" of the rectangle and wha-lah! icon_smile.gif They are held on with a single staple in the center.

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 2:24am
post #5 of 9

I love it! thumbs_up.gif However...I find cookies also to be very time consuming!!! I guess I need to practice more!

Cute cookies and awesome presentation! icon_smile.gif

het518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
het518 Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 2:46am
post #6 of 9

what did you charge for the cookies? I think they are adorable!!

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 6:12am
post #7 of 9

Awwh, how cute is that kiddo! Great job on the cookies and the packaging, so professional looking!
Hugs Squirrelly

sabbrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabbrina Posted 29 Jan 2006 , 12:31am
post #8 of 9

Momsandraven -

So cute! You did a great job not only with the cookie (which is adorable), but the bagging is also very professional looking.

What icing recipe did you use to decorate the cookies with? It looks like buttercream, but you bagged them. So I am guessing that it is something other than buttercream.

Sabbrina icon_smile.gif

momsandraven Posted 29 Jan 2006 , 3:56am
post #9 of 9

sabbrina, it is buttercream frosting, but I made it with Crisco and added meringue powder so it would crust. Also, I laid the cookies in a 1/2 sheet cake box so there was minimal overlapping.

Thank you everyone for your support! I was feeling pretty bad about these, but I'm feeling better now. icon_smile.gif Oh- I only charged her $0.75 each for these cookies. (So, it was $22.50 for 30 cookies.) They are only 3 1/2" tall, and it was my first attempt. Plus, she was already buying a $45 cake from me- I didn't want to scare her away with the cookie price. She was thrilled with everything and said she will be calling me in March with her next son's birthday. Wahoo!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%