Sugarveil... A Review

Decorating By MelC Updated 2 Jan 2014 , 5:37pm by emilyg

cake987 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake987 Posted 15 Oct 2013 , 3:35pm
post #31 of 36

Has anyone tried Claire Bowman's CakeLace???!! Its a beautiful product that produces the same results as SugarVeil BUT IS FLEXIBLE!!!! I used to love SugarVeil but CakeLace is so much easier to work with. I bought a 500g of Original, Gold, Black and Red CakeLace from TheCakeDecoratingCompany online and I highly recommended it!!!

rychevamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rychevamp Posted 15 Oct 2013 , 10:19pm
post #32 of 36

Quote:

Originally Posted by cake987 

Has anyone tried Claire Bowman's CakeLace???!! Its a beautiful product that produces the same results as SugarVeil BUT IS FLEXIBLE!!!! I used to love SugarVeil but CakeLace is so much easier to work with. I bought a 500g of Original, Gold, Black and Red CakeLace from TheCakeDecoratingCompany online and I highly recommended it!!!

I'm thinking of do the same.  The exchange rate is not great, but I've heard much better things about CakeLace than sugarveil, and want to try it.  

Somecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Somecake Posted 1 Jan 2014 , 6:37am
post #33 of 36

AHi, I just got the icing dispenser and tried it. It was a great experience! I was wondering if you can use it with regular icing like the home made to pipe on cookies?

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 1 Jan 2014 , 8:38pm
post #34 of 36

To dry them, why not place overnight in your oven - oven off - but light inside the oven on.  Works beautifully with my gumpaste pieces.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 2 Jan 2014 , 1:05am
post #35 of 36

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilyg 

P.S. You can also airbrush white SugarVeil lace or other decorations. This is really the easiest way to color SugarVeil - make all your decorations white, and then airbrush color onto them.

If you would like to color only one side of the lace, airbrush the lace while it's set but still in the mat.

emilyg:  it would be nice if your company made a few more designs.  I like buying American made.

but I find that overseas cheap competitors are now making smaller round lace designs, and border type designs.  It would be nice to see your company add some designs like those.

emilyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilyg Posted 2 Jan 2014 , 5:37pm
post #36 of 36

Thank you for your comment, MBalaska - you'll love our new Brooches mat! Here's a sneak peek (news won't even be released for a few weeks - this is 'hot off the press') of buttercream brooches easily made with it and SugarVeil. Watch for full info and a how-to on our Facebook page in the next two weeks at http://www.facebook.com/sugarveilicing:

:AppleMark

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%