My Sixteen Year Old Is Getting Her Operator License

Decorating By Juju3636 Updated 22 Jan 2006 , 9:36pm by ps3884

Juju3636 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juju3636 Posted 22 Jan 2006 , 1:29pm
post #1 of 6

I need help. My sixteen year old is getting her operators license. I want to make her a special cake. Can anyone give me any ideas.
Thank you!

5 replies
Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 22 Jan 2006 , 1:57pm
post #2 of 6

I did a cake like a driver's license for one customer. If it isn't in my photos, check my website: www.macscakes.zoomshare.com
It was made before I got my edible image printer so I just made a computer copy of a pic and covered it in laminating paper.

lotsoftots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lotsoftots Posted 22 Jan 2006 , 2:09pm
post #3 of 6

Well, with a 16 year old getting ready to drive, you certainly do need help, but I'm not sure it's found in the form of a cake! What you need are nerves of steel! I've already been through that a couple times, and have several more to go--unfortunately I think I've timed my teaching my youngest child to drive and menopause to occur within 48 hours of each other.

But really, this is a monumental moment, it's nice that you want to recognize it as such. I think the driver's license is cute, I've also seen license plate cakes done for such occassions.

Good luck to you--and I mean that on a couple different levels! icon_smile.gif

mpitrelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpitrelli Posted 22 Jan 2006 , 5:09pm
post #4 of 6

what about doing a sheet cake and having different things marked on it that she will do to get her license like doing paralle parking 3 point turn reverse driving things like that.

TheCakeShak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeShak Posted 22 Jan 2006 , 8:31pm
post #5 of 6

icon_wink.gif How about something like a "wrecked car" against a fire hyrdant with water shooting..or a tow truck pulling the wrecked car. or a car into a building sorta....

or a car pulled over on a road with a police car behind it??

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 22 Jan 2006 , 9:36pm
post #6 of 6

My girls' babysitter just recently got her license. I made her this cake. She's a big Elvis fan so I piped ELVIS for the license plate. Next time, I might try fondant for the windows.

Crashdummy2 - I like your ideas. icon_lol.gif
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%