I Made Such A Mess!!!

Decorating By Lazy_Susan Updated 17 Jan 2006 , 1:56am by TooMuchCake

Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 16 Jan 2006 , 3:32pm
post #1 of 5

My oven is overflowing with cake goo!!! I knew I should have collared my cakes but did I??? Noooooo! LOL Thank goodness I have a self cleaning oven! I just hope that the cakes are going to be ok. Definitely no problem with them rising!!! LOL Next time when a cake recipe calls for 3 9" cake pans I won't use just 2!!! icon_eek.gif

Lazy_Susan icon_wink.gif

4 replies
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 16 Jan 2006 , 6:58pm
post #2 of 5

Haha, I can empathize...few things stink worse than charred blocks of carbonized cake on the bottom of the oven!

A piece of aluminum foil on the bottom of the oven is a good thing! icon_wink.gif

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 16 Jan 2006 , 7:05pm
post #3 of 5

So that's what I smell all the way up here in Port Orchard!!!! icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

Amy

P.S. How'd they turn out?

Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 17 Jan 2006 , 1:24am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakemommy

So that's what I smell all the way up here in Port Orchard!!!! icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

Amy

P.S. How'd they turn out?

They turned out fine. But I have definitely learned my lesson!!!! Collars from now on. It would have been soooooo beautiful and tall (with all that came out! LOL). It's in the freezer right now. I'm going to ice it tonight for a friends Birthday tomorrow.

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 17 Jan 2006 , 1:56am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Quote:

Haha, I can empathize...few things stink worse than charred blocks of carbonized cake on the bottom of the oven!

ROFLOL!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif Boy, do I know THAT first hand! Thanks for the grins. I needed it.

Deanna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%