Help With Comfortable Non-Slip Shoes

Lounge By Sugarshock Updated 8 Mar 2007 , 4:28am by papergirl

Sugarshock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarshock Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 4:55am
post #1 of 12

Hi,
I work in catering and at a restaurant and both jobs require black non-slip sole shoes. I bought a pair from Walmart a long time ago, but they were never that comfortable and didn't really consider upgrading till lately. The pair I have are starting to take a toll on my feet. Sharp pain, swelling, knee pain, etc. Can anyone recommend a brand of shoes that are better for your feet. The catch is I wear a hard to find womans 12W.
Anyone with info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

11 replies
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 5:10am
post #2 of 12

Have you tried Crocs? They're horrendously ugly but wow, they're comfy for working in.

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 6:34am
post #3 of 12

go to www.grabbers.com those are the shoes we wore in school

Sugarshock Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 12:40am
post #4 of 12

Thanks
I really appreciate the help.

mewie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mewie Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 3:47am
post #5 of 12

Hi

Don't know how much you are willing to spend, but dd is a chef and swears by birkenstock professional clogs. Definately worth the investment, if you search around the internet, you can get them for a little less. Good luck!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 3:57am
post #6 of 12

I wear the sketchers non-slip work shoes.

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 4:51am
post #7 of 12

when you spend more than 10 hours a day on your feet walking back and forth, you need a good shoe that will not only support your feet, but will also help absorb some of the shock that your knees and hips will recieve.

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 5:07am
post #8 of 12

Dansko Clogs--Just bought a new pair!

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 3 Mar 2007 , 5:23am
post #9 of 12

I wear Crocs whenever I work on cakes. They are the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. thumbs_up.gifhttp://www.crocs.com/home.jsp

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 3 Mar 2007 , 6:07am
post #10 of 12

I buy my shoes from www.landsend.com
I have heel spurs and planters fascia (sp?) and landsend has been the only brand I have found that support my feet and don't hurt as much if I am on my feet for long periods of time. Also, one thing I learned from my doctor, is after being on my feet or just lounging around the house is that walking around barefoot or in slippers that do not have good support will only cause more problems. Good info considering I hate to have anything on my feet and was barefoot as much as possible. Sorry, I went on there a bit. HTH

Sugarshock Posted 5 Mar 2007 , 9:06pm
post #11 of 12

Thanks everyone for all the help. I never realized what my cheap shoes were doing to my feet until recently. Wont make that mistake again.

papergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
papergirl Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 4:28am
post #12 of 12

DEFINITELY - Birkenstocks for comfort and healthy feet. I never would have believed I would have paid 100+ for a pair of shoes, but now I have several. Don't have any trouble anymore with feet (and I have hereditarily bad feet). Also FYI a guy I work with crushed his foot a few years ago and he can ONLY wear Birks. BTW - I'm not a Birk dealer - just a believer! Good luck - they are worth the investment!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%