I Ganached!!!

Decorating By mochaboi Updated 11 Apr 2005 , 6:10am by PureShugga

mochaboi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mochaboi Posted 27 Mar 2005 , 1:51pm
post #1 of 10

I was bored yesterday, so I decided to attempt a ganache. Oh man, what a delish invention.

This is a triple chocolate: Chocolate Cake, with a Chocolate Buttercream, and a white chocolate ganache. As you can see, I forgot to snap BEFORE I cut..LOL..Sorry...

http://www.dawomb.com/ganache.jpg

9 replies
nashsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nashsmom Posted 27 Mar 2005 , 2:53pm
post #2 of 10

With all that chocolate, I think I would probably cut first too! Isn't ganache cool?! Some tips that may help: cut the cake board that goes directly under your cake the same size as your cake, that way the ganache will just flow off and not puddle at the bottom of the board. If you want to put a bottom border around it, just add another, larger cake board. You may want to let the ganache cool a little more before pouring onto the cake, the first time I tried it, I didn't let it cool enough and it poured too thin, so I waited a little longer and it was a better coating for the cake. I wish I could come and have a piece!!!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 27 Mar 2005 , 4:37pm
post #3 of 10

Ganache is so easy to do & it sure tastes wonderful!! The first time I ganached I didn't use any icing on the cake & it turned out perfect! So I wonder why you have to ice your cake first? I never have. I wait till the ganache has set & then I cut the parts that flowed to the bottom. It looks perfect! Have A Wonderful Easter~

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 27 Mar 2005 , 8:45pm
post #4 of 10

Simply marvelous looking and yes devine!! what recipe did you use Mochaboi? I may have to try this...my husband's and my 8th anniversary is 12 April and I think I may want to do this? icon_wink.gifthumbs_up.gif

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 27 Mar 2005 , 8:51pm
post #5 of 10

OOOOH-HOOOOO! Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate!!! I need to try the ganache now, it looks so good! Hubby has been craving chocolate lately, maybe this is my next project. THanks for the picture Mochaboi, it's a good thing you did cut it first so we could see the inside, and you could share your recipe with me anytime!

AngelWendy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelWendy Posted 27 Mar 2005 , 9:13pm
post #6 of 10

OOh! White chocolate ganache on top of chocolate buttercream on top of chocolate cake! That looks great! What I've done before is put the cake directly on a cake rack with a cookie sheet underneath, then ganache it, and when cool, move it to the cake sheet. You don't really need a frosting underneath ganache on a chocolate cake, IMHO, but I bet that one is yummalicious!

Best Wishes,
~AngelWendy

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 5:34am
post #7 of 10

I got my ganache recipe from cali4dawn! I think it's on this forum. It is sooooooo good!!!

mochaboi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mochaboi Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 12:13pm
post #8 of 10

Thanks so much, everyone, for the compliments, tips, and advice. The recipe I used came from Baking911.com. I just altered it to use white chocolate instead of dark. And Man, was it goood.!

I must do it again..LOL

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 3:39pm
post #9 of 10

It looks really nice and sounds yummy!! I've used it with my Chocolate Explosion cake, and Chocolate buttercream. Chocolate lovers love it!!

Here are my instructions for anyone wanting to try it. It's the 5th post down:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-693-boat.html+motor

PureShugga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PureShugga Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 6:10am
post #10 of 10

YUM! I have not ganached yet and was wondering how to do so - good idea of putting it on a rack and cookie sheet underneath - I can't wait to try!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%