adven68 Posted 25 Nov 2005 , 7:51pm
post #1 of

Hi everyone....I missed you guys in the past 2 days cause I've been so busy making this cake. I pulled an almost all-nighter....now I'm going to take a nap and then start working on my next 100-person cake for Sunday!! Phew!

So, this cake is for an engagement party. The guy proposed at the Montauk Lighthouse, so I replicated it and their home will be decorated with these Lenox vases which are in the nautical theme, so I tried to tie the whole decor into the cake....

It's all fondant...thanks for looking!!!!
LL
LL

31 replies
charleydog Posted 25 Nov 2005 , 7:52pm
post #2 of

Again...amazing!!! WOW!!

tripletmom Posted 25 Nov 2005 , 7:53pm
post #3 of

Sleep is so over rated when you make gorgeous cakes like this!

Wonderful work, again!

Kiddiekakes Posted 25 Nov 2005 , 7:55pm
post #4 of

Absolutely Stunning cake Adven68!!!

dulce Posted 25 Nov 2005 , 7:56pm
post #5 of

Excelent job! Congratulations

peanut2 Posted 25 Nov 2005 , 8:00pm
post #6 of

Fantastic!

Randa_000 Posted 25 Nov 2005 , 8:34pm
post #7 of

how beautiful....I love it!

MrsMissey Posted 25 Nov 2005 , 8:39pm
post #8 of

Just stunning! Great job...no get some rest!

Lisa Posted 25 Nov 2005 , 10:16pm
post #9 of

Spectacular! I love how you quilled the fondant!

ken Posted 26 Nov 2005 , 5:20pm

Oh my goodness! I had to keep looking at the vase to see if it was actually a cake. You did a BEAUTIFUL job on these cakes. I really don't know what to say because you did that much of a wonderful job!

alimonkey Posted 26 Nov 2005 , 5:39pm

Gorgeous, as usual! Fantastic job. I just love this one!

meghan89 Posted 26 Nov 2005 , 5:48pm

Awesome, I love the lighthouse!

cindy6250 Posted 26 Nov 2005 , 6:00pm

What a beautiful cake. I love the scroll work on the cake and around the base. Just a lovely job as usual!!!!!

Cakemaster26 Posted 26 Nov 2005 , 6:07pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken

Oh my goodness! I had to keep looking at the vase to see if it was actually a cake. You did a BEAUTIFUL job on these cakes. I really don't know what to say because you did that much of a wonderful job!

I agree with ken on the vase. Get some rest! Congrats!

itsacake Posted 26 Nov 2005 , 6:11pm

Fabulous! Wish I could do that.... Maybe if I practice for 200 years? icon_smile.gif You are amazingly talented.

BusyBee Posted 26 Nov 2005 , 6:36pm

Hi Adven68,

What an artist you are!
I had to pick up my jaw from the floor, then I read your profile. I'm so green with envy, maybe in my next life....icon_smile.gif

Thanks for sharing your work of art.

BusyBee

jscakes Posted 26 Nov 2005 , 6:43pm

Perfect, you've done a wonderful job and deserve great credit on this. Let us know how it was received.
Beautiful, beautiful cake!

adven68 Posted 26 Nov 2005 , 11:47pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken

Thanks so much!! I hated parting with this one....I don't know why.....at first I dreaded the idea of a nautical engagement party because I thought nautical was very masculine....but the curly waves soften the whole bright colors thing....
Just to be clear...the vase is a vase...just what I had to use as reference. I'm totally flattered that you would think I was capable of making a cake that looked that much like a vase!!! icon_biggrin.gif Hmmmmmm.....I'll have to think about that...

oh well..breaktime is over...I'll have another cake to post in the AM.....

thanks again...everyone!!

beachcakes Posted 27 Nov 2005 , 1:06am

Adven, that cake is GORGEOUS!!!! I love how the scrolls look like whitecaps! I wish DH proposed to me at the Montauk Lighthouse!!

good36 Posted 27 Nov 2005 , 6:09pm

You are amazing! I just love looking at your cakes.
Judy

tcturtleshell Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 6:33am

Beautiful, beautiful, & beautiful!!! I thought the vase was a cake too!!! Your capable Adven!! Very capable!!!

Tamanna Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 6:52am

You and your cakes are truly amazing!!! You are blessed. I guess God spent more time creating you. thumbs_up.gif

boween Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 11:52am

This is absolutly stunning!!! Fabulous work I love everything about it!!!

adven68 Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 3:24pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamanna

You and your cakes are truly amazing!!! You are blessed. I guess God spent more time creating you. thumbs_up.gif

Thanks for the chuckle!!! He had to put a little more into me cause I'm 5" 11". I guess with every pound I put on, I get a little more creative? Don't I wish it worked that way!

gilson6 Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 3:28pm

One Word -- WOW!!!

ellepal Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 3:32pm

When is your first book coming out? Sign me up for it!! These are so amazing. What can anyone say while their jaws are dropped?
And, I am not kidding about the book....you should seriously look into it.

SUELA Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 3:34pm

Amazing work!

llee815 Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 4:52pm

Gorgeous!

TickledPink Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 7:15pm

GORGEOUS.... You really are a true talent.

May I ask, do you make your own fondant or do you buy a commercial fondant? Your cakes are so flawless and so perfect just wondering. My MMF always has some flaws in it. Thanks!

adven68 Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 11:43pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by TickledPink

May I ask, do you make your own fondant or do you buy a commercial fondant? Your cakes are so flawless and so perfect just wondering. My MMF always has some flaws in it. Thanks!

I have been making MMF for a few weeks now. I won't go back. I have found by softening MMF in the microwave for 5 or 10 seconds and kneading it with a tsp. or so of Crisco very well...I get a smooth, easy to work with fondant that doesn't dry up on me. I now roll it out thicker than normal....elevate my cake and let it hang. That alone makes it almost perfect. I then just trim and smooth and then thank God for a perfect finish!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%