Baking Help

Decorating By firegal79 Updated 28 Nov 2005 , 12:39am by firegal79

firegal79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
firegal79 Posted 25 Nov 2005 , 1:40am
post #1 of 8

I have baked two cakes in the last three days and both of them have came out unbaked. The top is very dark and the middle is not done. It is an 8 inch round cake pan that is three inches deep. Do I need a heating core for this size? I have baked other goods and they have came out ok. I don't know what is going on. I have baked this size before without a core and they have always came out ok. Please help icon_sad.gif Thanks in advance. icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 25 Nov 2005 , 1:45am
post #2 of 8

I mostly use 3 inch deep pans. I like to bake on about 325. I find this helps the cake bake better. And you can expect that these pans do take a long time to cook. icon_smile.gif

firegal79 Posted 25 Nov 2005 , 1:46am
post #3 of 8

Thanks for the help. icon_biggrin.gif

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 25 Nov 2005 , 4:19am
post #4 of 8

Perhaps your oven needs to be re-calibrated. Do you have an oven thermometer so you can check it for accuracy? Otherwise, perhaps try putting a bit less batter into the pan.
Hugs Squirrelly

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 25 Nov 2005 , 2:20pm
post #5 of 8

A lower temp and longer cook time may help! I have to say that the 8" x 3" pan is the only one that I use the Bake Even strips on...because I had the same problem with that pan no matter what!

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 25 Nov 2005 , 2:26pm
post #6 of 8

It sounds like maybe your oven is having problems since you've baked with no probs before. Mine started acting up recently and was taking forever to bake. It was in need of repair.

blittle6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blittle6 Posted 25 Nov 2005 , 2:49pm
post #7 of 8

If your oven is ok, use a flower nail in the center of your pan and lower your temp to 325. It will take longer to bake, but it should do better for you. I only use 3 inch pans and that is what I do.

HTH,
Berta

firegal79 Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 12:39am
post #8 of 8

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I will check on my oven and try the ideas that were given. Thanks again, soo much. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%