Wedding Confessions Thread

Decorating By mrsright41401 Updated 28 Oct 2007 , 12:17am by auntmamie

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 2:34pm
post #91 of 118

my mom had a really trashy wedding back in... 2002? i dunno. they used mosquito netting as the decoration and had a fishing pole with a fish bowl up on the stage next to my stepdad. it was ridiculous and embarassing and then some lady at the reception stands up in the cake line and goes ''HEY! I HAD THE EXACT SAME WEDDING CAKE A COUPLE WEEKS AGO!!!"

sweetviolent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolent Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 2:54pm
post #92 of 118

my worst memory isn't a specific item- but the overall feel- a friends reception at a national hptel chain we had 150 people jammed into a space for about 50. chairs packed so tight half the table and the one behind had to move in order for you to get up to use the facilities. The whole reception was wham bam one thing after the other like a mechanised assembly line and then it was like ok move it out we need to clean up for the next one ...

Candes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Candes Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:47pm
post #93 of 118

At my wedding (held at a B&B) our music guy forgot to cue the wedding march for a deathly long minute. My hubby thought I changed my mind. At the bouquet toss I had two tied together as sort of a surprise but the surprise was on me, I couldn't lossen them up. It got so bad I thought I was going to have to go back to my room for my blade. icon_lol.gif OH, and DH's shoes were one size too SMALL. After being pronounced husband and wife we walk down the aisle and DH missteps and almost takes us both down. LOL

One last thing on my wedding: We were the first to ride in a newly refinished Rolls Royce, so new we couldn't roll the windows down because of the tint job. You'd think that wouldn't be a problem in December in TEXAS but we were hot and the A/C didn't work!!! It was still fun. A real classy car.

At my best friends wedding : She went to blow the candle out after lighting the unity candle and it burned a hole in her veil. Quite funny on tape. OH and embarrassing? I forgot to bring underwear so I was carefee and literally freezing my butt off!!

Nic611 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nic611 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 4:21pm
post #94 of 118

Mine really aren't that bad, but the last one upset me the most...

I hate being up in font of people or just being the center of attention period. So for my wedding (even though it was all family, etc) I was extremely nervous to walk down the aisle alone (that's a much longer story to tell). So when the music started I felt like I was going to puke and just tried to get down the aisle and not look at anyone. After the ceremony was over, my FIL said "when you were coming down the aisle or whatever that was you were doing, I thought you were going to throw up!", lol.

My MIL decorated for my wedding and reception (she used to do weddings) and my cake was just surrounded by all of this green floral stuff (I don't even know what it was, it was just a sea of green) and it looked hideous, like a bush threw up on the cake table. I don't know what she was thinking!

We cut the cake and I went upstairs to feed my daughter (2 months old at the time). My mom ran up and said that all of my dad's side of the family were eating all the cake and she was only able to salvage me one tiny piece. I guess my aunt decided to take over cutting from my MIL and just hacked at the cake and cut humongous pieces. My mom, dh and MIL didn't get any cake.

Last...my BIL loves photography and has taken photography classes and volunteered to take our wedding pictures. Well, he took pictures of everyone on THEIR side of the family and the only time you see my family is if they happen to be walking in the background of the picture icon_sad.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 4:21pm
post #95 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic611

...... Well, he took pictures of everyone on THEIR side of the family and the only time you see my family is if they happen to be walking in the background of the picture icon_sad.gif

Oh that is so TERRIBLE!!!!!

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 6:20pm
post #96 of 118

My own wedding was interesting last August. We got married on a cruise ship, still in port. The ceremony was an hour before "muster" (where you are shown where your emergency boats are). They MAKE you put your lifevests on.

so my husband and I were running around in my wedding dress and tux with our lifevests on trying to find our muster spot -->Think Titanic.

Hundres of passengers from all over the ship were laughing and pointing saying to each other "look! look at the bride wearing the lifevest! Isnt she funny?!!"

Two days later I was sitting next to someone at Bingo. She says "hey! did you see that funny little bride during muster with her neon orange life vest. I was thinking, god! how lame is that? Who does that?", so I said "oh really? You didnt think neon orange went with my cream colored dress? I thought it was a great fashion accessory!". She turned beet red but I was laughing at myself the whole time anyway. Its a good memory now.

My husband tells me he got comments too from all the scattered wedding party members gathered in their own muster groups, blowing their whistles attached to their vests and hollering at the guy in the tux!

dueter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dueter Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 6:41pm
post #97 of 118

When I was about 8yrs old I was the flower girl in the neighbor's DD wedding. Well the bride had just made it down the isle and been presented by her father when the groom got this look on his face. The next thing you know he is throwing up at the altar. Gross! Of course everyone just assumed that it was from to much partying the night before. Nope...that night he went to the hospital and had to have his appendix removed because it had ruptured.

At my own wedding when the pastor...who had to sit down thru the whole thing..told DH to place the ring on my hand, DH kept trying to put it on the wrong hand. I kept pulling my hand away and trying to give him the correct one, but no, he thought I was changing my mind about marrying him. Finally the best man told him.

dueter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dueter Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 6:42pm
post #98 of 118

When I was about 8yrs old I was the flower girl in the neighbor's DD wedding. Well the bride had just made it down the isle and been presented by her father when the groom got this look on his face. The next thing you know he is throwing up at the altar. Gross! Of course everyone just assumed that it was from to much partying the night before. Nope...that night he went to the hospital and had to have his appendix removed because it had ruptured.

At my own wedding when the pastor...who had to sit down thru the whole thing..told DH to place the ring on my hand, DH kept trying to put it on the wrong hand. I kept pulling my hand away and trying to give him the correct one, but no, he thought I was changing my mind about marrying him. Finally the best man told him.

cakescraps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakescraps Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 7:12pm
post #99 of 118

At our wedding, my two 5 year old neices were the flower girls. They wore the cutest dresses with little white tights and patent shoes. Absolutely adorable. We had our pictures before the wedding, so they came already dressed. The room where we were getting ready was above the church, with a narroww metal staircase leading up to it. My SIL helped my neice up the stairs so she didn't snag her tights or anything. At the top of the stairs, Lindsey said " Ok mom, you have to leave now. This is only for the bridal party."

cakescraps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakescraps Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 7:17pm
post #100 of 118

At our wedding, my two 5 year old neices were the flower girls. They wore the cutest dresses with little white tights and patent shoes. Absolutely adorable. We had our pictures before the wedding, so they came already dressed. The room where we were getting ready was above the church, with a narroww metal staircase leading up to it. My SIL helped my neice up the stairs so she didn't snag her tights or anything. At the top of the stairs, Lindsey said " Ok mom, you have to leave now. This is only for the bridal party."

jamhays Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamhays Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 7:59pm
post #101 of 118

At my parents wedding (before I was born), one of the ushers showed up in mis-matched plaid pants & sports coat, the best man (my uncle) was drunk & dropped the ring....which went rolling across the hardwood floors of the church & then did the whole spin, spin, spin in a circle until it finally stopped. My other uncle (who is gay) showed up w/his BF in tow...this is in 1970...totally NOT the thing to do! My grand-parents (both sides) were totally mad at him.

At my wedding, hubby's niece (2yr old) was the flower girl, our nephew (ring bearer) had to drag her down the isle. She was supposed to go sit w/her mom on the front row; where she proceeded to scream & cry "I want my Daddy! I want my Daddy!" for 5 min, during the ceremony until BIL (groosman) walked over & got her then held her thru the whole thing.

At my sister's wedding, my grandmother (the organist) was playing the wedding march. My husband was video taping for her. He was at the front of the church so he could get a good view of her coming down the isle. He tripped on a plug and the music stopped! He had unplugged the organ right in the middle of the wedding march & the bride coming down the isle! We immediately plugged it back in & my sister laughed the rest of the way down the isle. She really wasn't upset at all. Now my Mom was a whole other story. icon_confused.gif

ccaluda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccaluda Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 12:27am
post #102 of 118

Picture this:

Nine bridesmaids jammed shoulder to shoulder at a tiny alter. The maid of honor faints (it was hot and she was pregnant). Bridesmaid One tries to catch swooning maid-of-honor. Bridesmaid Two tries to catch stumbling bridesmaid One. Bridesmaid Three tires to catch Two. On and on it goes like well choreographed dominions. In the end all nine of use were laid out on the floor. The priest later admitted that is was the funniest thing he had ever seen.

sweetsbycheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbycheryl Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 3:19pm
post #103 of 118

Ok- I have one. My cousin's wedding. I had helped her with all of the decorating and doing all of the flowers. The groom was found at home unconscious three days before the wedding (he had a bad reaction to a new med his doctor had put him on), he was released on the day of the rehearsal dinner only because his mom is a nurse. The dog who was in the wedding got sprayed by a SKUNK the day before the wedding and it took several baths before he was no longer odiferous!! icon_lol.gif The bride had me doing the wedding bouquets, and had ordered 300.00 worth of flowers from Costco. I went to pick them up for her (because she is still at hospital with groom- we weren't even sure at this point there was going to be a wedding!!), and Costco had shorted her more than HALF HER ORDER!!! icon_eek.gif So I spent half the morning going around town trying to get replacements!! (Did not tell bride until after ceremony, poor girl already had enough to worry with!!). The night of the rehearsal dinner there really bad thunderstorms with TORNADOS in the area and several of us in the wedding party are members of the Fire Dept., so we were in and out of the dinner and rehearsal all evening!! I must say that for all the problems we had beforehand, the actual wedding went off without a hitch, but my poor cousin!! icon_eek.gif

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 3:15pm
post #104 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccaluda

Picture this:

Nine bridesmaids jammed shoulder to shoulder at a tiny alter. The maid of honor faints (it was hot and she was pregnant). Bridesmaid One tries to catch swooning maid-of-honor. Bridesmaid Two tries to catch stumbling bridesmaid One. Bridesmaid Three tires to catch Two. On and on it goes like well choreographed dominions. In the end all nine of use were laid out on the floor. The priest later admitted that is was the funniest thing he had ever seen.

I'm sorry, but that is a funny picture!

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 3:36pm
post #105 of 118

My friend's dad always told her he was going to wear a chartreuse dress to her wedding. They laughed about it for more than 10 years.

She got married on January night, her dad in his tux, everything was perfect and beautiful and so on. At the reception, her dad sneaks out and no one except her mom notices he's gone.

He comes back and before anyone sees him, he goes ''I don't know how you girl do this. I'm freezing my butt off.''

Everyone turns to look, and there's her dad in his awful chartreuse dress, as he'd promised for 10 years. The bride about died laughing. It was good stuff.

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 3:52pm
post #106 of 118

Years ago when I also did food for weddings one of the items on the buffet table was meatballs, Swedish meatballs with a chili sauce/grape jelly sauce and they were homemade. This was before frozen meatballs at Sams, they were always a big hit, one of the guests just knew she wasn't going to get any and I saw her cut in line, well she leaned over really far and her 80's hair full of hairspray brushed across the lit candle icon_surprised.gif and her hair immediately went up in flames. took all the hair off that side of her head. She didn't get hurt,(well her pride did) but the reception hall stunk so bad that the guest started taking their food outside.

My brother had his wedding outside at his house The ceremony was to take place in front of a rose arbor in full bloom (June 30th wedding) and the bride was to make her entrance on the curving sidewalk from the opposite end of the house, all of the guests were lined up along the sidewalk. about halfway through the ceremony I couldn't stand still any longer and I noticed that there were ants crawling all over my legs, and then I noticed that all the other guest were in a bad way also. My brothers house is in South Carolina and his yard was infested with ants, By the time the ceremony was over I had ants in my bra.

jibbies

MimiFord Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFord Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 4:18pm
post #107 of 118

OK - here's mine:

1. Night of the rehearsal dinner, my in-laws to be hit a deer on the way home (2 hours) with their car, and totaled it, so they had to find a replacement vehicle from another family member to drive back to the church the day of the wedding.

2. My DH to be HAD TO WORK the morning of our wedding, so he was late for pictures. I was already in my dress, and in a panic - wondering if he was in a wreck or if I was being stood up at the altar.

3. After the rehearsal dinner - late at night, we get a phone call - pastor was emergently admitted to the hospital with a ruptured appendix and had to have surgery. His retired father would have to do the ceremony - didn't know a thing about it - just that it was me (part of his congregation, thank goodness).

4. Dear retired pastor didn't have the vows we had picked out with him, so he did the traditional vows - when he got to the love, honor, obey part -I had to remind him that I had previously discussed with his son that I wasn't going to agree to "obey" my DH and we needed to skip that part. Everyone started to chuckle, except my MIL - but we still disagree about that to this day. She's a doormat for my FIL, and I refuse(d) to be one for her DS, and thankfully, he never expected me to.

5. DH's son (2 years old) was the RB, but he cried the entire time and wanted his dad - even grandma couldn't comfort him, so he stood at the altar with us and held his dad's hand during the entire ceremony.

18 years and still going strong.

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 4:36pm
post #108 of 118

It was a second marriage for myself and my DH.
My 3 year old son was best man. His 4 and 6 year old daughters were maids of honor. We had a garden wedding. We did not know that fresh mowed grass was a trigger for an asthma attack for my son as he had just been diagnosed with asthma not long before this. We spent our honeymoon 4 days in the hospital with our son.
He made it through the hole ceremony and at the end he said to DH, I don't feel good Daddy. All my husband could say while crying, he called me Daddy.

We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary this past May. God is good!

Lu

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 4:37pm
post #109 of 118

My youngest sister was getting married for the 2nd time. As she walked down the aisle, she tried to do the wedding half-step. notice I said "tried".

The correct way to do it is left foot forward, bring right foot up even with left foot. Then RIGHT foot forward, bring left foot up even with right foot.

How did my sister do it?

She brought left foot forward, then brought right foot up even with left foot. Then moved LEFT foot forward, bringing right foot up even with left foot.

It looked like she was limping down the aisle!!

rockii Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockii Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 4:48pm
post #110 of 118

okay here's mine

1. our limo was late not a big deal now that I look back at all the other things that went wrong that day. never showed up in time to take us to the church. so I had to have family drive the wedding party in different cars.

2. my dh aunt ordered our flowers she met us at the church ant told us that the florist called her at the last minute and told her that they could not get the flowers that we wanted and ordered (long stem calla's ) so instead she (the florist) took it upon herself to spray white roses periwinkle and place a huge banana leaf behind them and tie them with a silver bow

3. everything at the church went off without a problem except that our wedding planner who i had spoke with as I was leaving the house became MIA

4. so after the wedding guest head to the reception hall only to be told that there was no reception planned there for that day!!

family came back to the church to tell us that there was a problem and my dh and I were literally in tears. We could not find our wedding planner and the contact info that we had for the hall well when we call her cell she does not answer and the hall says that she is on vacation. The wedding planner claimed that she had just talked to her that morning and I had talked with her the night before at the rehearsal and everything was a go. so now our family is pissed an yelling at us and my fahther becomes upset and starts to hyperventilate (he payed for it all) and my uncle has the bright idea to send our limo back (just as we were on our way to the site to speak with everyone) then tells us he sent everyone home and told them it was a mistake on our part. my bridesmaids decided to hit the club since they were only in town for the weekend. so my father took the rest of us out for dinner me in my wedding dress and 2 of my bridemaids that stayed and the groomsmen.

sorry you had to read all that. we ended up gettting our money back from the reception hall we had copies of paperwork even though they did not. when we called on monday they said the lady no longer worked there. wedding planner never contacted us again and our family mostly my husbands now treat us like outcasts. we never get invited to events that most of the family does we hear about it after the fact. we had a house warming and I heard some of his family mention they only came to see if we really held anything.

rockii

annettes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annettes Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 5:20pm
post #111 of 118

I had a "Shot gun wedding" icon_surprised.gif Really! Picture it, 40yrs old terribly ill, visit to doctor who runs test after test only to come back and say "Don't know how you pulled this off (wait for it...) congratulations, it only took you 20 yrs, but you're pregnant. icon_cry.gif Ok, shock has worn off, boyfriend of a year is puffed up like the bull in the pen icon_twisted.gif
He suggests why not get married. Ok. Off we go combining a wild boar hunt with our wedding in North Carolina on a plantation. There I am standing 5mo. pregnant at 40 yrs old while waiting with the minister for everyone in the hunting party. Here they come straight from the swamp wearing camo covered in mud carrying their guns. icon_cry.gif But the smiles on their faces and the priceless remark from my husband as he's standing there "Honey, I love you more than life itself and you should see the record pig I just shot" icon_confused.gif Well, we had a beautiful 13lb girl who is positively the apple of our eye to this day. Guess not all shot gun weddings are bad thumbs_up.gif

mjandros Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjandros Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 6:46pm
post #112 of 118

My story is pretty tame compared to most on this thread, but I'll share them anyway.......

- florist delivers the bridal/bridemaids bouquets to my mom's house where the girls and I were getting ready, he hits my sisters car while backing out of the driveway

- florist then comes back later to drop off the throw away bouquet, which was supposed to be dropped off at the reception hall along with the centerpieces

- my mom forgets to bring the throw away bouquet from home and misses the entire cocktail hour while she went back home to get it.

- i had a bridesmaid who was like a Bridesmaid-zilla (if there is such a thing) who for months before our wedding kept cancelling her dress fitting appointments at the last minute. i'm pretty sure she was doing this out of spite. the day before my wedding as I'm heading to the bridal shop to pick up my dress , she calls me from work and says that she can't make it there to get her dress and if I could get it for her. Grrrrr.......

- day of wedding - same bridesmaid conveniently forgot her make up bag at her office the day before and had to go there to pick it up before coming to my house (better late than never.......) and she wondered why my sense of humor was gone at this point......

- During the infamous Electric Slide dance, someone backed up into the cake - no damage done to the cake but when you watch the video, you can hear the "awful" noise of the cake table getting bumped into

- there was a guest at the wedding who had to be the center of attention (he was the fiance of a co-worker) he totally made an A$$ out of himself throughout the night and to top it off - he made sure that NOBODY else had a chance to catch the garter. he then had to put it on the leg of my then 18 yr. old SIL, who caught the bouquet. we were cringing the whole time during this. he also made sure to get in every nook and cranny of the video - can you say OBNOXIOUS?? let's just say that our friend and he were not on good terms by the end of the night.

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 6:40pm
post #113 of 118

ok first off my appologies for a long post- i completely understand if you dont read lol

*chuckles* my wedding wasn't as interesting as everyone else's here but there were a few moments that still bring a chuckle from me

I come from a family at least on my side where there's a divorce rate of at least 80-90%

so needless to say when hubby and i were fairly new in our relationship and oops we discovered we were going to be parents- well i was a bit against or rather afraid to get married so it took sometime to feel right about it and thank god he was and still is a solid stand by guy - i was due in feb and had planned to get married on easter- but a friend told us hubby wouldn't be allowed in the delivery room unless we were married and i was gullible enough to belileve it (baby was born in jan anyways wow)

but that led to us to deciding to get married on christmas eve- back then i had wanted to get married on a religious holiday- it meant something to me to do that lol- and easter was "after the event"

so we decided we would get married on christmas eve since obviously christmas was what it was icon_smile.gif and we kept it a surprise or so we tried till christmas morning for the family- hubby's family has big get togethers on christmas morning and we had planned on putting a bow on a box with the marriage certificate, a bottle of champagne and glasses- well stepping back to the ceremony

i had to make a mad dash around stores to find a slip to fit my big belly- and the only place that had one was the bon marce now Macy's.. a friend prior to that had given us a wedding band (weâd gotten hubby one cheap couple months prior)

Ok so now at the ceremony- Iâm standing there in pink heels to match the pink maternity dress with lace trim lol my feet begin to hurt so I kicked them off and the whole ceremony I had this grin about me standing there barefoot and pregnant- but it was sweet- just hubby, me, the minister and the pianist- and baby to be J

The thing that brings the biggest smile to me is since we were on our way to hubbyâs familyâs place (on Christmas eve) we had brought our dog with us- who was happily sitting outside in the car munching on a mcdonalds sausage mcmuffin just for him!

To end the long story that I tried to keep short (honest I did!) my BIL had asked me that night what hubby and I had planned for our wedding and I panicked! Lol so we broke the news- and told them we had planned on a wedding for the family on our first anniversary (never happened- none of the others wanted to do it by then lol) but it was still a joyous occasion- it was also hubbyâs grandmothers birthday that day icon_wink.gif

oh and to edit* on this upcoming christmas eve we'll be celebrating 16 years icon_smile.gif

we have WAy too many family bdays and anniversariesin dec and jan lol OYE>

travelingcakeplate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
travelingcakeplate Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 7:03pm
post #114 of 118

I once went to a wedding and the kiss was sooo... shall I say inappropriate, gross and long. So much so that the guests and the minister had to look away.

As a matter of fact, I still hate having that image in my head and it happened more than 5 years ago!

---
Also, my cousin recently went to a wedding and she said the minister had a terrible stuttering problem. She said it was so bad, they didn't know when he said you may kiss your bride.

I laughed my head off. She's not sure if they are really married or not! (Much funnier to hear her tell it!)

travelingcakeplate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
travelingcakeplate Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 7:11pm
post #115 of 118

I once went to a wedding and the kiss was sooo... shall I say inappropriate, gross and long. So much so that the guests and the minister had to look away.

As a matter of fact, I still hate having that image in my head and it happened more than 5 years ago!

---
Also, my cousin recently went to a wedding and she said the minister had a terrible stuttering problem. She said it was so bad, they didn't know when he said you may kiss your bride.

I laughed my head off. She's not sure if they are really married or not! (Much funnier to hear her tell it!)

miss_sweetstory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss_sweetstory Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 8:59pm
post #116 of 118

I came down with the chicken pox on my wedding day...everything else was beautiful (except me!)

delta95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delta95 Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 4:46am
post #117 of 118

I do hair for a living and do lots of wedding parties. The worst story I ever heard on that end of it was when a bride showed up with 3 of her 4 bridesmaids on the morning of her wedding to get their hair done. She told me that the 4th girl was just going to be there later, that she wasn't feeling well.
I do the bride and other girls' hairdo's and the last girl finally gets there....looking rough to say the least. The other girls decided to go ahead and go to the church and have their friend just meet them there. It was then, when she was all alone with me that she told me the REAL story about why she was late.
She had gotten a DWI the night before on her way home from the groom's dinner. She had just come from the jailhouse where she had been ALL NIGHT long. SHe had No sleep cuz she was stuck in a cement cell all night getting interrupted all night for one thing or another....fingerprints, mug shot, ya know the fun stuff about being arrested...LOL.
The bride had no idea! She didn't tell her and rightfully so, this was an already nervous bride. This girl was so out of it. Hungover, exhausted...it was just crazy. To make matters worse, she was due in court that Thurs. and was only in town from CA til Sunday where she was attending LAW SCHOOL on a full scholarship. I don't know what ever happened with it all, but I still tell that story years later.

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 12:17am
post #118 of 118

Not as good as many of these, but here's mine:

A few years ago, I worked at a hotel that did the "whole weekend" package. I mean the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception and morning after brunch all in the same place, plus the florist and beauty salon were in the building too. Oh, and the total bill normally came to around 80K, with the bride's parents usually paying for all the hotel rooms. I was a front desk clerk, but to earn extra money, I also picked up time as a wedding server.

This one wedding was over the top. It was for 200. Which meant 200 chairs to cover, 25 tables to set (with overlays), 200 napkins to fold, etc, etc. The bride decided to buy and arrange her own flowers to save money, so she had 1,500 pink roses delivered to the hotel for centerpieces. Took up two conference rooms with all of her decorating. The 5 course dinner went off without a hitch, but one of the servers, an off duty cop, decided to shut down the bar due to the intoxication level. Later, as I'm helping the bride stay in her gown (thanks to the safety pins I found), she starts puking on me. Thank god for champagne buckets. The worst happened later that night, or should I say the next morning. Even though the wedding lasted until midnight, I had to be back in at 8am to help check out guests. I put in about 40 hours in 3 days. While I'm at the front desk, I get a call from a non-wedding guest about a naked man in the 4th floor hall. It turns out to be the groom! He had no clue who he was, thats how drunk he was! To make matters worse, the head housekeeper saw this, laughed, and went to her coffee break. The manager was p***** that she didn't even give him a robe or towel to cover up!

Thankfully I left there soon after - the whole "walk on the help" thing got really old.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%