Where Can I Find Heart Shaped Cake Boards?

Decorating By kellyk1234 Updated 14 Dec 2014 , 8:57pm by kellyk1234

kellyk1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyk1234 Posted 13 Dec 2014 , 6:42pm
post #1 of 8

AI cant find heart shaped cake boards anywhere online. Ive only found mdf boards on etsy. Its the board that i need to put the actual cake on to ganache, not the board that you see. Will mdf work? What can i put on top so the cake isnt sitting directly on the board?

Thank you!

7 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 13 Dec 2014 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 8

AWilton had them definitely. Just saw them in their online shop today.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Dec 2014 , 7:20pm
post #3 of 8

i bought foam core and cut my own -- easy peasy -- or buy large enough cardboard circles and cut out your shapes from those

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Dec 2014 , 3:11am
post #4 of 8

From my experience in the past even if you were to find some they will not be very heart shaped so you are b etter off cutting them yourself from foam core board.

Jeannem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannem Posted 14 Dec 2014 , 4:07pm
post #5 of 8

Whenever I have bought heart shaped boards, they are not the same shape as my pan, so end up trimming them big time..best to just cut them from foam core

-K8memphis Posted 14 Dec 2014 , 6:37pm
post #6 of 8

or you could even just set them or racks to drench with ganache and spatula them off onto their home base

-K8memphis Posted 14 Dec 2014 , 6:55pm
post #7 of 8

*on racks

kellyk1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyk1234 Posted 14 Dec 2014 , 8:57pm
post #8 of 8

AThank you everyone! :) I did check the wilton website and only found pink and Purple Heart platters. I guess that could work. I may have to just cut it from foam board myself, but just worried if it's not straight. Because I use the board as a guide to smooth the sides, and if the board isn't perfectly cut, then the ganache may have bumps also. I'm covering with fondant so it will probably hide any bumps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%