Cake Stackers

Decorating By Katiebelle74 Updated 5 Feb 2015 , 3:00pm by AmberNada

keepingitreal21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keepingitreal21 Posted 16 Mar 2013 , 1:39pm
post #91 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by gidgetdoescakes 

I am sad to say I ordered cake stackers.  I am not happy at all. I don't like to slam products but I hate this thing...also when she turns the cake upon its side if you look close you will see she has a plate screwed on the top thats why she can do that.  I am not happy and wish I could get my money back.

I just got mine last month and used it for a wedding this month and loved it! I was able to transport this cake http://cakecentral.com/g/a/3316993/tiered-flower-cascade/ fully assembled  through Atlanta, GA weekend traffic about 30 mins from my house. I just knew I would have little bits and pieces of flowers and buttterfiles to replace add or repair when I got there. However, for the first time, nothing needed repairing, or to be shifted or moved. What happen that makes you hate it?

Yes there's a plate on the top for the upside down shot. They sell that plate with the chandelier set for hanging a cake.

gidgetdoescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gidgetdoescakes Posted 17 Mar 2013 , 5:23am
post #92 of 103

Yeah ok to each there own...personally I will go back to the way I use to stack my cakes.

sweetalexjane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetalexjane Posted 17 Mar 2013 , 6:20pm
post #93 of 103

Hi All,

I've been lurking on CC for a long time and just recently joined.  I saw these posts about the Cake Stackers system and, for my first post, I thought I would throw in my two cents :) 

I like the system overall and the customer service is great--I had an issue with my first set, the screw in the base plate arrived bent/crooked and some of the support plates weren't straight.  They were all promptly replaced by Cake Stackers and the second set they sent me was fine.

I used the Cake Stackers system for a "golf ball on a tee" cake and it worked great!  I was able to travel with it fully assembled and felt totally confident that it would arrive in one piece--which it did, and I didn't need to repair anything!  

I would not, however, recommend the system as a cupcake tower (with or without a small cake on the top).  I've used it like that twice, and each time the stand was leaning to one side or another.  The first time was so bad that I had to put a small dowel between the base plate and the first support plate to help balance it out.  I was already at the event and setting-up and hadn't anticipated that there would be any issues because the system seems very sturdy, so the dowel is the only thing that came to mind at the time.  I placed it in the back and it wasn't too noticeable.  I tried to trouble shoot why that happened (maybe too much space--4 inches or so, between each plate?) and called them for help.  The space between each plate didn't seem to be an issue.  The suggestion was to make sure the support plates were screwed in super tight, which I thought I did, but I guess it wasn't tight enough.  So, I tried that for the second cupcake tower, and even though that helped, the stand still seemed to lean a bit.  I didn't need a dowel to balance it out like I did before and the lean wasn't as obvious in person, but more obvious in pictures.  I plan on getting something else for cupcake stands/towers.

Overall, I think it's great for cakes...not so good for cupcake stands, but that's just been my experience.  

Hope that helps!

gidgetdoescakes Posted 19 Mar 2013 , 3:40am
post #94 of 103

Well maybe i will try using it a few more times and see if I change my op.....I will let you know if I like it better :)

Katiebelle74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katiebelle74 Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 7:02am
post #95 of 103

AI love it for 3d cakes (like the pagoda cake I did - pics on my website) I love it for 3 or 4 tier cakes no stress delivering when it's on the cake stacker. For large (5 tier cakes or 4 tiers of southern pound cake) that are two heavy for me to pick up assembled I prefer the stress free system. I use both all the time and they both have pros and cons.

gidgetdoescakes Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 10:12pm
post #96 of 103

The thing is, I thought oh I will save money not having to buy dowels and plates etc I will be able to use the cake stackers. Well it was so much money Im afraid to use it where I wont be cutting the cake lol.  When I did take my cake apart I noticed one of the metal pieces had come off and went into the cake...thankfully I found it when I was cutting the cake can you imagine someone biting into that ouch.... So its no good for me because Im paranoid now. "sigh" This is my opinion, everyone has one...I am just not having luck with mine. When I used it for topsy turvy the angle was so deep the cake was sliding off the plate and cutting my cake as it went. Sorry I hate to give bad reviews but if you are looking for truth..thats mine :) please no fights ....Im sure this is great for others...just not me...I should add...I do this as a hobby not a business*,,,I do not charge for my cakes

mommiespoppies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommiespoppies Posted 26 Apr 2014 , 5:41am
post #97 of 103

Absolutely stunning..you just made my decision for me..already have the order in just now need to go pay for it but wanted to check n see what was said on here..tyvm..how did you know what extra pieces to order..already put the reusable boards on..that will save $$ in the long run as well.

mommiespoppies Posted 26 Apr 2014 , 5:54am
post #98 of 103

Walkinmomma Don't know if you see this post since it was a while since you posted the cake but had to tell you it is absolutely the most gorgeous cake

Walkinmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Walkinmomma Posted 27 Apr 2014 , 10:55am
post #99 of 103

Thanks!  It has been the favorite one I have ever done.

Baker lady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baker lady Posted 28 Aug 2014 , 3:51pm
post #100 of 103

AI LOVE your cake!! It is absolutely beautiful. I also bought the cake stacker system for a cake I made. I love the system too and feel it's well worth every penny! This was my 2nd Wedding cake and of course she wanted a very different cake. It had 98 FONDANT roses, 40 FONDANT pinwheels, And lots of other FONDANT decor. I wanted everything on the entire cake totally edible and my Bride loved it. I had to travel 3 1/2 hours to deliver. Just wondered, have you ever delivered your cake totally stacked on your system? They say you can but I wonder how I would MOVE and LIFT the cake. Any ideas?? Thanks... [ATTACHMENT=1886]image.jpg (294k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

mommiespoppies Posted 28 Aug 2014 , 4:02pm
post #101 of 103

I too have the cake stacker's but have not used it yet as my weddings have been a distance and I didn't want to stay around for hours till the wedding was over to retrieve them and too far to come back to pick up.  I have a wedding this weekend but the system is already heavy  and with a 40lb  cake on it I am worried..The cake in the video is obviously Styrofoam as there is no way she could lift and move the cake like she does if it were real. Has anyone put in on the stackers and then assembled it once at the venue??

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 28 Aug 2014 , 9:27pm
post #102 of 103

"Cake Stackers." The very name reminds me of a slightly off-color joke involving such professions as cork soaker, crock stacker, and so forth.

AmberNada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmberNada Posted 5 Feb 2015 , 3:00pm
post #103 of 103

I'm so glad I found this post. I'm doing a similar sized cake for my sisters wedding and am having a hard time finding a stand that will make the cake tall enough. Which system did you order for this? Also after having this for a few years are you still happy with your purchase?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%