Posted by mandylooI couldn't find a lemon poppy seed cake that sounded like what I wanted, so I started with the oil based wasc (half recipe), and added from there. It's great with almond sour cream icing.
Lemon PoppySeed WASC variation
- 1 box white cake mix 1 cup flour 2/3 cup sugar 1 box lemon pudding ½ t salt 2 heaping tbsp poppy seeds 4 eggs 2 tbsp veg oil 2/3 c water 2/3 c lemon juice zest of 2 lemons 1 cup sour cream
- Sift the first 4 ingriedients together in a large bowl.
- Mix in the poppyseeds until they're evening distributed.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix for about 2 minutes.
- Bake for 45 minutes on 325.
- (my oven is old and I haven't check the temps in awhile, so don't quote me on that!) Even though they were only 9in rounds, I used a flower nail in each due to how thick the batter was. I don't know if it was necessary, but it worked for me. :-)
- Nutrition? What on earth is that?!