Posted by Kimskakes23336This is an easy and delisious cake I found on "Semi-Homemade" with Sandra Lee. I had bee looking for an Italian Wedding Cake and just happened to catch this episode. The ingredients and instructions on the website are different from the Sandra Lee's instructions on the show. This is the cake from the show:
Italian Wedding Cake - from Semi-Homemade w/ Sandra Lee
- CAKE: 1 box white cake mix 1 stick of butter 1 1/4 c. buttermilk 1/2 c. egg whites (approx. 3 eggs) 1 T. vanilla 1/4 t. almond extract 1 can crushed pineapple with juice 1/2 c. shredded coconut 1 c. chopped pecans FROSTING: 3 cans cream cheese icing 1 t. vanilla 1 c. chopped pecans
- Mix first six ingredients for 1-2 minutes, add remainder of ingredients by folding into first mixture.
- Spray 2 - 8" round cake pans with butter-flavored non-stick cooking spray. Pour cake mixture into pans, about half in each pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- Mix together all ingredients, spread onto cooled cakes.