Posted by kakes_by_kimThis is a great yellow cake recipe!
Golden Yellow Cake
- 3 cups sifted cake flour 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 2/3 cup butter or margarine 1 3/4 cups sugar 2 eggs 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla 1 1/4 cup milk
- *Preheat oven to 350°.
- *Spray bottom of 2 nine-inch rounds with vegetable pan spray.
- *Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. *Cream butter and sugar together until light. Add eggs and vanilla to creamed mixture and beat until thoroughly
- *Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Continue beating one
- *Pour into prepared pans. Bake 30 -35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- *Cool on grid 10 minutes. Gently run a thin spatula around edge of cake. Turn out onto cooling grids. Cool completely before icing.