Posted by LukeRubyJoyThis is a doctored cake mix. It is super moist and tasty. I used 2 8x2" rounds, and they rose to the top. I made a banana cream filling that was very thick and creamy. It held it's shape well, and didn't squish out all over the cake.
Banana doctored cake mix with banana cream filling
- CAKE 1 box DH white cake mix 1 small box banana instant pudding 1 cup mashed banana (2 bananas) 1/3 cup buttermilk (normal milk can be substituted) 4 large eggs 1/2 cup vegetable oil FILLING 1 small box banana instant pudding about 3/4 cup of half -n- half (more or less depending on consistency) 1 cup whipped Rich's Bettercreme (I used vanilla flavor) (heavy whipping cream can probably be substituted)
- FOR CAKE: Combine sifted cake mix and dry banana pudding. In a seperate bowl combine all wet ingredients. Pour dry ingredients into wet gradually, beating on low until combined. Raise mixer to medium and beat for 2 minutes. Divide between cake pans and bake at 350 for approximately 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- FOR FILLING: Prepare the bettercreme (or heavy whipping cream) to soft peaks (for bettercreme, this takes 10 minutes). Combine the banana pudding and half -n- half. This mixture will be very thick. Fold the whipped mixture into the pudding mixture and refridgerate. If you are using heavy cream, you may want to use less half -n- half (maybe 1/2 cup) with the pudding, and whip the cream to meduim peaks, or it may end up too thin.
- This made enough filling for me to fill between 3 layers (I torted both 8" layers).
- I frosted this cake with Fluffernutter frosting. YUM! Yeah, I don't think I'm going to even venture a guess here!