I am having to make a Christmas themed cake. It can be up to two tiers. I am making it for a class and it is required that the cake be covered in fondant, have a pulled/blown sugar element, and a modeling chocolate element. I have several different ideas running around in my head, I'm just not sure what I could do. I was thinking about maybe making a cookie jar, or making it look like a gift box, but I'm not sure.
Related Forum Threads
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:27am in Cake Decorating Business
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/6/14 at 5:18pm in Cake Decorating
- Yule logs Last post on 12/19/12 at 7:55pm in Cake Decorating
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- My first ever cake! What do you think? Last post on 5/18/13 at 4:47pm in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 10/29/12
- Blackberry CupcakesLast edited: 6/10/11
- Creole Christmas CakeLast edited: 6/7/11
- COFFEE CAKE LOUIZIANA BY GREECELast edited: 4/5/10
- Great Tiramisu!!!Last edited: 4/5/10
I like these gel colors. Ihave another box that has many more, not just 8. But they're all the same. I prefer gel colors to any other kind because they don't really affect the consistency. Only if...
These are nice to add a pretty touch to the cake. But when my brother was eating a slice , he tried to bite into the rose! Lol, tried being the key word. Overall, I love these roses. But I don't...
This product sort of adds more stress to my decorating. The little screw at the end keeps coming off when I roll. So I screw it tighter, but then the roller doesn't roll because the screw "holds"...
I used to use Wilton. It gets the job done, Its fondant. But I found it to be a brick and impossible to roll and kneed. Microwaving it in 5-10 second intervals helps but... the taste just doesn't...
This caddy has a little room for a lot of stuff, not meant to hold everything. Rolls easily, with the pull handle that's slides down to store it. Rack on back for literature. 2 racks on top for...
Ideas for a christmas themed cake
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 611/23/12 at 2:14pm
You say it's for a class. Barring any church/state separation issues, Nativity scene?post #3 of 611/24/12 at 11:31ampost #4 of 611/24/12 at 12:54pm
I saw a cake with a snowman with snow falling. It was rather cute!!! Here is link. look at 3 rd picture down and the 20th picture down to see the 2 snowman cakes. This is not fondant but just an idea for snowman cake.post #5 of 611/24/12 at 1:52pmpost #6 of 611/24/12 at 8:43pm
- Ideas for a christmas themed cake
Cake Central Top Picks
- Blackberry Cupcakes
- › Need help in pricing a cake 6 minutes ago
- › Please help..last minute cake cancellation. 23 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 32 minutes ago
- › Best ever banana pudding cake recipe 55 minutes ago
- › Cover rice cereal treats with fondant and keep it smooth??? 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Where can I order this cake topper? 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 1 hour, 59 minutes ago
- › Need help with modelling chocolate urgently!!! 2 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Interesting ideas - new cake flavors 3 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › No answer from Cake Central 3 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Wilton Set of 8 Icing Colors by LizKatherine
- › Red Icing Roses Large by Wilton by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Fondant Ribbon Cutter Embosser Set by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Pure White Rolled Fondant, 80 oz by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Rolling Tool Caddy by blwilley
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by DaDa561
- › Wilton 1907-1107 Set of 10 Gum-Paste Modeling Tools with Storage Case by KARichards46
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones