I am having to make a Christmas themed cake. It can be up to two tiers. I am making it for a class and it is required that the cake be covered in fondant, have a pulled/blown sugar element, and a modeling chocolate element. I have several different ideas running around in my head, I'm just not sure what I could do. I was thinking about maybe making a cookie jar, or making it look like a gift box, but I'm not sure.
Related Forum Threads
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:27am in Cake Decorating Business
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/6/14 at 5:18pm in Cake Decorating
- Yule logs Last post on 12/19/12 at 7:55pm in Cake Decorating
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- My first ever cake! What do you think? Last post on 5/18/13 at 4:47pm in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 10/29/12
- Blackberry CupcakesLast edited: 6/10/11
- Creole Christmas CakeLast edited: 6/7/11
- COFFEE CAKE LOUIZIANA BY GREECELast edited: 4/5/10
- Great Tiramisu!!!Last edited: 4/5/10
I have to use a lot of it to turn my buttercream white (I use only butter, no crisco). It makes the icing almost curdly and almost impossible to smooth nicely. There is always a huge clump in the...
Love it! Drying time is perfect, it gives me the right time to work with it before it start drying. I recommend this product! Silvina Barboza.
I've tried this fondant and I fell in love with it! Is a really good product, superior quality and great taste! Not coming back to my old fondant. Silvina Barboza Sugar Artist.
I was able to try Renshaw quite some time ago and all I can say is I love it!
The pink fondant, isn't really pink to me. It is more like a fuschia in my opinion. I don't see it as a problem, I love the color. but if you want a soft pink, you should dye the white...
Ideas for a christmas themed cake
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 611/23/12 at 2:14pm
You say it's for a class. Barring any church/state separation issues, Nativity scene?post #3 of 611/24/12 at 11:31ampost #4 of 611/24/12 at 12:54pm
I saw a cake with a snowman with snow falling. It was rather cute!!! Here is link. look at 3 rd picture down and the 20th picture down to see the 2 snowman cakes. This is not fondant but just an idea for snowman cake.post #5 of 611/24/12 at 1:52pmpost #6 of 611/24/12 at 8:43pm
- Ideas for a christmas themed cake
Cake Central Top Picks
- Blackberry Cupcakes
- › Help with Minion Cupcakes 2 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › HELP..WITH EDIBLE IMAGE COOKIE CIRCLES 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › Forgot to put in the vanilla 2 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Sugar Dress vs. Sugar Veil what are the differences? 3 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Best Edible Image Printer? 3 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › The Fruit Cake thread 4 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Post your best/favorite cake pic. 4 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Can I darken a gum paste bow? 5 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › food markers?? 5 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Renshaw Gum Paste, 1.1 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 10 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Ready-To-Roll Fondant White, 1-1/2 Pounds by Renshaw by psurrette
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Pink, 1.5 Pound by Dawn Parrott
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 5 Pound by vizinamd
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Purple, 1.5 Pound by dlmcr
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Blue, 1.5 Pound by Couturecupcakes
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Red, 1.5 Pound by Ange1mom
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by joshuap
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones