First I want to say that I have a legal kitchen and hate to ask this question so please dont beat me up. I have only made those small individual, one serving, square or round wedding cakes that require their own small cake board and are generally accompanied by an anniversary tier presented on a cupcake tower one other time and might I add, I hated them. They were definately more work than I had anticipated for what I charged. My question is what SHOULD I be charging for these annoying little cakes? They will be covered in fondant of course. Thank you in advance.
- topicCakestagged by System, 11/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:27am in Cake Decorating Business
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/6/14 at 5:18pm in Cake Decorating
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- My first ever cake! What do you think? Last post on 5/18/13 at 4:47pm in Cake Decorating
- Getting nervous! Need advice on RKT please. Last post on 12/18/12 at 11:47am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 10/29/12
- Blackberry CupcakesLast edited: 6/10/11
- COFFEE CAKE LOUIZIANA BY GREECELast edited: 4/5/10
- Great Tiramisu!!!Last edited: 4/5/10
- CheesecakeLast edited: 11/5/09
Cupcake Wrapper Creator is such a fun program that let's you make any kind of wrapper design you need. It's great if you run a cupcake bakery because your customers will love it if you can offer...
I like these gel colors. Ihave another box that has many more, not just 8. But they're all the same. I prefer gel colors to any other kind because they don't really affect the consistency. Only if...
These are nice to add a pretty touch to the cake. But when my brother was eating a slice , he tried to bite into the rose! Lol, tried being the key word. Overall, I love these roses. But I don't...
This product sort of adds more stress to my decorating. The little screw at the end keeps coming off when I roll. So I screw it tighter, but then the roller doesn't roll because the screw "holds"...
I used to use Wilton. It gets the job done, Its fondant. But I found it to be a brick and impossible to roll and kneed. Microwaving it in 5-10 second intervals helps but... the taste just doesn't...
One Of Those Darned Pricing Questionspost #1 of 411/12/12 at 4:46pmThread Starter
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 411/12/12 at 6:05pmpost #3 of 411/13/12 at 5:50pm
If you charge properly by the hour (like 3X minimum wage) plus for other stuff as Jason says, then you should indeed have small cakes that cost a LOT. Unlikely that you will sell many (smile).
Maybe you should only offer the petit fours type: production line of sheet cake, filled single layer, buttercream top, cut into squares or circles, covered with poured fondant. These can be any size you like.
Decorating with fancy piping is not hard when you use small tips, and these take a whole lot less time than the utterly thankless work of rolled fondant. They will be smooth and taste a heck of a lot better...and you will feel better while making them.post #4 of 411/14/12 at 12:08pm
I charge at least $50 each for those stupid little things...But you can sell them (assuming you want to do them) to the bride by pointing out that she can avoid larger floral centerpieces if she uses the cakes, so she'll have money in the budge that would otherwise go to flowers.
- One Of Those Darned Pricing Questions
Cake Central Top Picks
- Blackberry Cupcakes
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 1 minute ago
- › Hsn is selling fondarific now 7 minutes ago
- › Cake tilts 2nd time 10 minutes ago
- › achieve smooth fondant?! 25 minutes ago
- › cake reveal 26 minutes ago
- › Edible Elsa Dress Veil 30 minutes ago
- › What is right way to stack a cake? 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Planet Cake ganache 2 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Books like Culinary School 2 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › SMBC and Fondant - I need some education! 2 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by joshuap
- › Wilton Set of 8 Icing Colors by LizKatherine
- › Red Icing Roses Large by Wilton by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Fondant Ribbon Cutter Embosser Set by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Pure White Rolled Fondant, 80 oz by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Rolling Tool Caddy by blwilley
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by DaDa561
- › Wilton 1907-1107 Set of 10 Gum-Paste Modeling Tools with Storage Case by KARichards46
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones