First I want to say that I have a legal kitchen and hate to ask this question so please dont beat me up. I have only made those small individual, one serving, square or round wedding cakes that require their own small cake board and are generally accompanied by an anniversary tier presented on a cupcake tower one other time and might I add, I hated them. They were definately more work than I had anticipated for what I charged. My question is what SHOULD I be charging for these annoying little cakes? They will be covered in fondant of course. Thank you in advance.
- topicCakestagged by System, 11/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:27am in Cake Decorating Business
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/6/14 at 5:18pm in Cake Decorating
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- My first ever cake! What do you think? Last post on 5/18/13 at 4:47pm in Cake Decorating
- Getting nervous! Need advice on RKT please. Last post on 12/18/12 at 11:47am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 10/29/12
- Blackberry CupcakesLast edited: 6/10/11
- COFFEE CAKE LOUIZIANA BY GREECELast edited: 4/5/10
- Great Tiramisu!!!Last edited: 4/5/10
- CheesecakeLast edited: 11/5/09
I was able to try Renshaw quite some time ago and all I can say is I love it!
The pink fondant, isn't really pink to me. It is more like a fuschia in my opinion. I don't see it as a problem, I love the color. but if you want a soft pink, you should dye the white...
I received this product to test. I loved working with it. I mainly used this sample to add to fondant to make off pieces to aid in making them dry faster. Looking forward to working with it...
Top notch fondant for a great price! Amazing taste and very easy to work with. No more stressing over tearing or elephant skin problems as with other brands. LOVE their colored fondant also. The...
I was overjoyed the first time I used this color. It kneaded easily, and has a smooth texture...unlike other brands I've tried. It rolls cleanly and covers nicely. And the color? AMAZING royal...
One Of Those Darned Pricing Questionspost #1 of 411/12/12 at 4:46pmThread Starter
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 411/12/12 at 6:05pmpost #3 of 411/13/12 at 5:50pm
If you charge properly by the hour (like 3X minimum wage) plus for other stuff as Jason says, then you should indeed have small cakes that cost a LOT. Unlikely that you will sell many (smile).
Maybe you should only offer the petit fours type: production line of sheet cake, filled single layer, buttercream top, cut into squares or circles, covered with poured fondant. These can be any size you like.
Decorating with fancy piping is not hard when you use small tips, and these take a whole lot less time than the utterly thankless work of rolled fondant. They will be smooth and taste a heck of a lot better...and you will feel better while making them.post #4 of 411/14/12 at 12:08pm
I charge at least $50 each for those stupid little things...But you can sell them (assuming you want to do them) to the bride by pointing out that she can avoid larger floral centerpieces if she uses the cakes, so she'll have money in the budge that would otherwise go to flowers.
- One Of Those Darned Pricing Questions
Cake Central Top Picks
- Blackberry Cupcakes
- › Minimum cake size? 5 minutes ago
- › Opinion on order of tiers for wedding cake AND rosette cake help! 6 minutes ago
- › Very picky customer 7 minutes ago
- › Need a recipe! 16 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 18 minutes ago
- › Cake bulging?? 23 minutes ago
- › How to make sparkly candy melt shards? 52 minutes ago
- › What Buttercream tip/technique is this?! 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Please help.!! 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › My fondant always becomes shiny & sticky when I put in on the cake!... 3 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Ready-To-Roll Fondant White, 1-1/2 Pounds by Renshaw by psurrette
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Pink, 1.5 Pound by Dawn Parrott
- › Renshaw Gum Paste, 1.1 Pound by Dawn Parrott
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 5 Pound by vizinamd
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Purple, 1.5 Pound by dlmcr
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 10 Pound by SwankCakeDesign
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Blue, 1.5 Pound by Couturecupcakes
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Red, 1.5 Pound by Ange1mom
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by joshuap
- › Wilton Set of 8 Icing Colors by LizKatherine
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones