First I want to say that I have a legal kitchen and hate to ask this question so please dont beat me up. I have only made those small individual, one serving, square or round wedding cakes that require their own small cake board and are generally accompanied by an anniversary tier presented on a cupcake tower one other time and might I add, I hated them. They were definately more work than I had anticipated for what I charged. My question is what SHOULD I be charging for these annoying little cakes? They will be covered in fondant of course. Thank you in advance.
- topicCakestagged by System, 11/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:27am in Cake Decorating Business
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/6/14 at 5:18pm in Cake Decorating
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- My first ever cake! What do you think? Last post on 5/18/13 at 4:47pm in Cake Decorating
- Getting nervous! Need advice on RKT please. Last post on 12/18/12 at 11:47am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 10/29/12
- Blackberry CupcakesLast edited: 6/10/11
- COFFEE CAKE LOUIZIANA BY GREECELast edited: 4/5/10
- Great Tiramisu!!!Last edited: 4/5/10
- CheesecakeLast edited: 11/5/09
i love stenciling, it adds a beautiful elegant touch to the cake. but it can be a disaster if you don't know how to do it properly.
The silpats in various sizes make my baking and decorating much simpler. Don't know what I would do without one. Love the small ones to bake on, no need for parchment paper. And the big one...
I have to use a lot of it to turn my buttercream white (I use only butter, no crisco). It makes the icing almost curdly and almost impossible to smooth nicely. There is always a huge clump in the...
Love it! Drying time is perfect, it gives me the right time to work with it before it start drying. I recommend this product! Silvina Barboza.
I've tried this fondant and I fell in love with it! Is a really good product, superior quality and great taste! Not coming back to my old fondant. Silvina Barboza Sugar Artist.
One Of Those Darned Pricing Questionspost #1 of 411/12/12 at 4:46pmThread Starter
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 411/12/12 at 6:05pmpost #3 of 411/13/12 at 5:50pm
If you charge properly by the hour (like 3X minimum wage) plus for other stuff as Jason says, then you should indeed have small cakes that cost a LOT. Unlikely that you will sell many (smile).
Maybe you should only offer the petit fours type: production line of sheet cake, filled single layer, buttercream top, cut into squares or circles, covered with poured fondant. These can be any size you like.
Decorating with fancy piping is not hard when you use small tips, and these take a whole lot less time than the utterly thankless work of rolled fondant. They will be smooth and taste a heck of a lot better...and you will feel better while making them.post #4 of 411/14/12 at 12:08pm
I charge at least $50 each for those stupid little things...But you can sell them (assuming you want to do them) to the bride by pointing out that she can avoid larger floral centerpieces if she uses the cakes, so she'll have money in the budge that would otherwise go to flowers.
- One Of Those Darned Pricing Questions
- Blackberry Cupcakes
- › lego brick mould 10 minutes ago
- › SMBC? What is the difference? 11 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 30 minutes ago
- › Oily buttercream? 41 minutes ago
- › FROZEN CUPCAKES/CAKES 2 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 1/30/15 7 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › Need help now! Heavy cake topper!! 9 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › Glycerin in scratch cake recipes??? 10 hours ago
- › fondant and rice krispie treats 10 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Buttercream piping on fondant - why is this happening? 12 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Rose Cake Tier #2 Stencil by Designer Stencils by LizKatherine
- › Silpat Non-Stick Silicone Commercial Size Baking Mat by TrudyF
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Renshaw Gum Paste, 1.1 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 10 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Ready-To-Roll Fondant White, 1-1/2 Pounds by Renshaw by psurrette
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Pink, 1.5 Pound by Dawn Parrott
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 5 Pound by vizinamd
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Purple, 1.5 Pound by dlmcr
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Blue, 1.5 Pound by Couturecupcakes
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones