Has anyone ever participated in a vendor fair? My sister and I decide to participate in what we originally were told was a craft fair. Now, they are calling it a vendor fair. Has anyone ever done a vendor fair and had it be lucrative? We're having a hard time deciding how much to make and how to prepare for it.
- topicCupcakestagged by System, 11/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Michaels cupcake baking wrapper Bad smell Last post on 1/12/13 at 5:19am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcakes vs Tiered cake: Which do you prefer to make? Last post on 12/3/12 at 2:22pm in Cake Decorating
- Sentimental...Maple Bacon Cupcake...Help! Last post on 1/7/13 at 7:53am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcake problems Last post on 12/2/12 at 11:59pm in Cupcakes!
- need some packaging help Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:31pm in Cupcakes!
Christine's Orange Dreamsicle Cupcakes
Last edited: 2/21/14
- Key Lime CupcakesLast edited: 7/3/12
- Red Velvet CupcakesLast edited: 6/26/12
- Coffee Squared CupcakesLast edited: 5/16/12
- Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter FrostingLast edited: 5/11/12
Cupcake Wrapper Creator is such a fun program that let's you make any kind of wrapper design you need. It's great if you run a cupcake bakery because your customers will love it if you can offer...
I like these gel colors. Ihave another box that has many more, not just 8. But they're all the same. I prefer gel colors to any other kind because they don't really affect the consistency. Only if...
These are nice to add a pretty touch to the cake. But when my brother was eating a slice , he tried to bite into the rose! Lol, tried being the key word. Overall, I love these roses. But I don't...
This product sort of adds more stress to my decorating. The little screw at the end keeps coming off when I roll. So I screw it tighter, but then the roller doesn't roll because the screw "holds"...
I used to use Wilton. It gets the job done, Its fondant. But I found it to be a brick and impossible to roll and kneed. Microwaving it in 5-10 second intervals helps but... the taste just doesn't...
Vendor Fair?post #1 of 211/7/12 at 7:39amThread Starter
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 211/7/12 at 10:39am
Im fairly new to the cupcake business myself. I did my first vendor fair about two weeks ago. It was for a fall festival. I had to pay for my table so my goal was to make back at least what it cost me to rent the table. So I chose 6 different cupcake flavors and made a batch of each. The flavors that I thought would sell the best did the worst. And the ones I thought no one would be into did the best. My banana pudding cupcakes were a best seller. In the end I made way more $$$ than what I put into it. Its going to be hard to get an exact number, As experience will be your best teacher. I suggest you decide on a number your comfortable with and go from there. Make sure you document the flavors you have made, and find a way to track sales. This will give you an idea as to what to do next time. I hope this helps
- Vendor Fair?
Cake Central Top Picks
- Key Lime Cupcakes
- › Cake Stackers vs SPS System which is best buy? 11 minutes ago
- › What brand of fondant are you using? 18 minutes ago
- › SMBC and Fondant - I need some education! 20 minutes ago
- › Bavarian cream/peanut butter icing 24 minutes ago
- › 18th bday cake help! 30 minutes ago
- › new recipe 37 minutes ago
- › Cleveland, Ohio - Please help! 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Selling cookies at festivals 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › What is the best cake you have ever made 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › 3D deer cake 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by joshuap
- › Wilton Set of 8 Icing Colors by LizKatherine
- › Red Icing Roses Large by Wilton by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Fondant Ribbon Cutter Embosser Set by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Pure White Rolled Fondant, 80 oz by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Rolling Tool Caddy by blwilley
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by DaDa561
- › Wilton 1907-1107 Set of 10 Gum-Paste Modeling Tools with Storage Case by KARichards46
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones