Has anyone ever participated in a vendor fair? My sister and I decide to participate in what we originally were told was a craft fair. Now, they are calling it a vendor fair. Has anyone ever done a vendor fair and had it be lucrative? We're having a hard time deciding how much to make and how to prepare for it.
- topicCupcakestagged by System, 11/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Michaels cupcake baking wrapper Bad smell Last post on 1/12/13 at 5:19am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcakes vs Tiered cake: Which do you prefer to make? Last post on 12/3/12 at 2:22pm in Cake Decorating
- Sentimental...Maple Bacon Cupcake...Help! Last post on 1/7/13 at 7:53am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcake problems Last post on 12/2/12 at 11:59pm in Cupcakes!
- need some packaging help Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:31pm in Cupcakes!
Christine's Orange Dreamsicle Cupcakes
Last edited: 2/21/14
- Key Lime CupcakesLast edited: 7/3/12
- Red Velvet CupcakesLast edited: 6/26/12
- Coffee Squared CupcakesLast edited: 5/16/12
- Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter FrostingLast edited: 5/11/12
I have to use a lot of it to turn my buttercream white (I use only butter, no crisco). It makes the icing almost curdly and almost impossible to smooth nicely. There is always a huge clump in the...
Love it! Drying time is perfect, it gives me the right time to work with it before it start drying. I recommend this product! Silvina Barboza.
I've tried this fondant and I fell in love with it! Is a really good product, superior quality and great taste! Not coming back to my old fondant. Silvina Barboza Sugar Artist.
I was able to try Renshaw quite some time ago and all I can say is I love it!
The pink fondant, isn't really pink to me. It is more like a fuschia in my opinion. I don't see it as a problem, I love the color. but if you want a soft pink, you should dye the white...
Vendor Fair?post #1 of 211/7/12 at 7:39amThread Starter
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 211/7/12 at 10:39am
Im fairly new to the cupcake business myself. I did my first vendor fair about two weeks ago. It was for a fall festival. I had to pay for my table so my goal was to make back at least what it cost me to rent the table. So I chose 6 different cupcake flavors and made a batch of each. The flavors that I thought would sell the best did the worst. And the ones I thought no one would be into did the best. My banana pudding cupcakes were a best seller. In the end I made way more $$$ than what I put into it. Its going to be hard to get an exact number, As experience will be your best teacher. I suggest you decide on a number your comfortable with and go from there. Make sure you document the flavors you have made, and find a way to track sales. This will give you an idea as to what to do next time. I hope this helps
- Vendor Fair?
Cake Central Top Picks
- Key Lime Cupcakes
- › Normal turn/lead time for a full sheet cake (24 x 18)... 17 minutes ago
- › Plastic Cupcake Containers 25 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 41 minutes ago
- › Stacking a ball cake on top - how to support 44 minutes ago
- › soccer ball FAIL 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › First complaint 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › New Naughty Cakes Gallery 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › need experimented advice about storing pops with mascarpone... 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › Cake page stealing other peoples cakes.... 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › Im soooo confused!!!! 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Renshaw Gum Paste, 1.1 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 10 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Ready-To-Roll Fondant White, 1-1/2 Pounds by Renshaw by psurrette
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Pink, 1.5 Pound by Dawn Parrott
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 5 Pound by vizinamd
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Purple, 1.5 Pound by dlmcr
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Blue, 1.5 Pound by Couturecupcakes
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Red, 1.5 Pound by Ange1mom
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by joshuap
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones