Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cupcakes! › Baking cupcakes at 325 degrees
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Baking cupcakes at 325 degrees

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
I usually bake mine at 350 for 20 min. How long do you bake them for at 325? Does it make a difference in the texture?
Don't just do it...Do it just!
Reply
Don't just do it...Do it just!
Reply
post #2 of 8
I have found that baking cakes at a lower temp is a good idea, but have not had the same results with cupcakes. They seem to respond better at higher temps for shorter times.
Answers to the most often asked questions re: SPS. SPS instructions are on Page 15 of the Sticky at the top of the Cake Decorating Forum. Supplies can be ordered from Oasis Supply, Global or BakeryCrafts.
Reply
Answers to the most often asked questions re: SPS. SPS instructions are on Page 15 of the Sticky at the top of the Cake Decorating Forum. Supplies can be ordered from Oasis Supply, Global or BakeryCrafts.
Reply
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

I have found that baking cakes at a lower temp is a good idea, but have not had the same results with cupcakes. They seem to respond better at higher temps for shorter times.



Leah is right. I bake my cakes at 325 and they are nice and moist. My cupcakes, I start baking at 400 for 5 minutes and then I drop to 350. I read here on CC about that and really works great! Nice rounded tops! icon_smile.gif

"You might forget the party, but you will not forget my cakes!"
www.divineIndulgencesDesignerCakes.com
www.Facebook.com/divineIndulgencesDesignerCakes

Reply

"You might forget the party, but you will not forget my cakes!"
www.divineIndulgencesDesignerCakes.com
www.Facebook.com/divineIndulgencesDesignerCakes

Reply
post #4 of 8
Thread Starter 
Thank you both! So, if I pre-heat my oven on 400 (I've never done this before) bake for 5 min., reduce temp. to 350 and bake for 15 more mins. (20 mins. total bake time) or is the bake time 25 mins. total?
Don't just do it...Do it just!
Reply
Don't just do it...Do it just!
Reply
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy

Thank you both! So, if I pre-heat my oven on 400 (I've never done this before) bake for 5 min., reduce temp. to 350 and bake for 15 more mins. (20 mins. total bake time) or is the bake time 25 mins. total?



I think that will depend on your oven and batter type. First time, I would just test and see how long it takes. Also, try doing a search here to make sure you drop to 350 and not 325. I'm having a blank here and I'm not quite sure. thumbs_up.gif

"You might forget the party, but you will not forget my cakes!"
www.divineIndulgencesDesignerCakes.com
www.Facebook.com/divineIndulgencesDesignerCakes

Reply

"You might forget the party, but you will not forget my cakes!"
www.divineIndulgencesDesignerCakes.com
www.Facebook.com/divineIndulgencesDesignerCakes

Reply
post #6 of 8
Definitely 350, not 325.

Also I believe it depends on your oven so be prepared to make another batch if you don't like the results. I have an electric oven so I turn it down as soon as I put the cupcakes in. Electric oven will take longer to cool down than gas. At least I believe it does. If anybody else has experience with both kinds of ovens, I would love to know if this is true.
I am no longer active on CC.  They will not let me delete my account.
Reply
I am no longer active on CC.  They will not let me delete my account.
Reply
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaF144

Definitely 350, not 325.

Also I believe it depends on your oven so be prepared to make another batch if you don't like the results. I have an electric oven so I turn it down as soon as I put the cupcakes in. Electric oven will take longer to cool down than gas. At least I believe it does. If anybody else has experience with both kinds of ovens, I would love to know if this is true.



My is electric and I lower the temp after 5 minutes, but don't forget, not all electric ovens are made the same. I think the important thing is to test the first time for the oven you have. icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the post. I real couldn't remember the correct temp thumbs_up.gif

"You might forget the party, but you will not forget my cakes!"
www.divineIndulgencesDesignerCakes.com
www.Facebook.com/divineIndulgencesDesignerCakes

Reply

"You might forget the party, but you will not forget my cakes!"
www.divineIndulgencesDesignerCakes.com
www.Facebook.com/divineIndulgencesDesignerCakes

Reply
post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 
Thank you all! I'll come back with my results.
Don't just do it...Do it just!
Reply
Don't just do it...Do it just!
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cupcakes!
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cupcakes! › Baking cupcakes at 325 degrees