I tried making cake pops this week, but my candy melts were icky. I gave up on them and just used regular chocolate chips for this time, but I'd really like to know for the future -
when I melted them they were very grainy, and they tasted sweet but still unpleasant... my husband tasted them and spit his into the trash!
They did have what looked like chocolate bloom on them, but I didn't think much of that.
Or have we been too spoiled by high end chocolate? I figure they can't all be gross or people wouldn't keep using them, right?
What is your experience?