Poll: Egg Boogers

Decorating By cakesksa Updated 12 Apr 2007 , 5:54pm by delaware

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 4:15pm
post #31 of 94

I am laughing so hard about this post. My grandparents owned a chicken farm, and had about 3,000 chicken, My grandfather sold the fresh eggs. Now my dad has the farm and has chickens, and also sells the eggs. Thats the only kind of egg I can use, are the fresh brown eggs. I don't remove anything from the egg. But I can never buy a grocery store egg again! When you buy them they are like 3 weeks old! If that. When I need a dozen eggs I know they are fresh like that day fresh! Haha! Good lunch plucking the yucky stiff out!

knoxcop1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxcop1 Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 4:35pm
post #32 of 94

Lawwwd....habb...murseh...Y'all are SO funny!! icon_lol.gif

My mother was OBSESSIVE about removing them. You should have seen her scrambling eggs, standing there with her lil' teaspoon, pickin' 'em out. Too funny!

My grandmother gathered fresh eggs every morning on her farm, and I have to attest to the fact that they certainly do taste much better than the store-bought eggs we're all used to.

I only pick them out if it's a custard thing--but more than likely at that point I'll strain them. Haven't tried any of the meringue icings, or I would pick them out.

Ever notice that the pasteurized egg whites are all greyish looking? And there's not any boogers in there, either.

--Knox--

mcalhoun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcalhoun Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 4:48pm
post #33 of 94

I have often wondered about those little boogers and when I can I take them out. The thing that gets me is the little white thing that is attached to a chicken tenderloin. I won't even buy them I buy breast and cut them up. I guess we all have our little "issues".
Melissa

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 4:53pm
post #34 of 94

I do not like eggs, don't eat 'um less they are covered up with lots of salsa, cheese ect.. I pick the "stuff" out cause it reminds me of Stanley Sperm you see swimming in those old life science movies YUCK!!!!!

Think I'll read this thread every time I get hungry, sure turns my stomach and kills my appetite. Maybe I will lose some weight.

aprilmanning Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilmanning Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 5:04pm
post #35 of 94

I didn't pick the 'egg boogers' out before.... but I can promise you that I will now! But, eggs have grossed me out since my Dad called them fried chicken embryos one morning during breakfast when I was a teenager.... I haven't even thought about eating scrambled eggs since then!

Lauree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lauree Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 5:06pm
post #36 of 94

This is absolutely hilarious! I'm laughing and want to throw up at the same time. I have left them in, but every single time I have to think about it b/c they are gross! I don't think I'll be able to leave them in anymore.....boogers, i can't stop shaking my head and laughing. I also eat meat off the bone unless I dwell too long on what I'm actually doing then it's pretty much ruined!

kello Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kello Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 5:22pm
post #37 of 94

Who would have thought this would be such a hot topic! I can't stop laughing....too funny! The best part is, that if my DH ever makes me breakfast, he always takes them out for me.....now that's love! icon_smile.gif

I also can't eat meat off the bone....or any meat that has a bone in it. I can't stand to touch raw meat either.

clsilvus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clsilvus Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 5:23pm
post #38 of 94

Not a good topic to be reading first thing in the morning. My stomach is turning. I sometimes pick out the boogers but think I always will from now on. I used to have a hard time eating meat off the bone but have kind of gotten over it ( if I don't think about it ).

NoviceBaker2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NoviceBaker2 Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 5:23pm
post #39 of 94

I had never really thought about egg boogers before today yet being so well informed I am defintly going to remove them or better yet stick with egg beaters brand. I use the egg whites in the carton so I don't have to separate the eggs. YUCKY!!! I too hate that white membrane in the chicken have to cut it out and I am a carnivore. Never sucked the bone clean always use a knife and get laughed at but at least I keep my face and hands a lot cleaner than my other dining companions! icon_lol.gif

On the raw meat subject I always wear gloves when handling can't stand the feel and the juices.

PistachioCranberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PistachioCranberry Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 5:27pm
post #40 of 94

OMG I am over here LMBO ya'll are too funny. My mother takes it out her eggs, but she called it sperm...lol. I love eggs but that liquid chicken and fried chicken embryo makes it sound so gross...YUCK.

And no I don't take it out anymore, it's too much trouble...just beat it and eat it...lol

Sugarbunz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbunz Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 5:36pm
post #41 of 94

While we're on the subject - I can't stand that membrane on chicken either; but how about when you get a piece of chicken and you bite into it and a stringy vein pops out. BLECH!!!!!!!!!!!

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 5:36pm
post #42 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcalhoun

I have often wondered about those little boogers and when I can I take them out. The thing that gets me is the little white thing that is attached to a chicken tenderloin. I won't even buy them I buy breast and cut them up. I guess we all have our little "issues".
Melissa

sorry that this will probably gross you out, icon_confused.gif but a tenderloin comes from the chicken breast, so you've still got it in there. i take a knife and cut that piece out too!

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 5:44pm
post #43 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarbunz

but how about when you get a piece of chicken and you bite into it and a stringy vein pops out. BLECH!!!!!!!!!!!

I second it....BLECH!!!!! icon_surprised.gif I think this thread has just solved my problem of losing weight...I may never eat again. And to think, I have a package of chicken all thawed out and ready for dinner tonight...ugh!

justfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfrosting Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 5:48pm
post #44 of 94

So basically they are the placenta? Ewwwww.

nokddng Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nokddng Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 5:56pm
post #45 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by kello

I was laughing when I read this!!! Ever since I was a kid I have removed them. My whole family thinks I'm crazy. They are like an umbilical cord to me. This is gross, but when I was a kid I was eating scrambled eggs and one got cought between my front teeth. I was so grossed out about that I have removed them ever since....even if I'm not eating what I'm putting the eggs into.
So my vote goes to REMOVE them.

Oh my gosh! That is so funny!! icon_biggrin.gif

I keep them in..too much trouble to remove them...just make sure everything is well mixed so they disappear.

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 5:57pm
post #46 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarbunz

how about when you get a piece of chicken and you bite into it and a stringy vein pops out. BLECH!!!!!!!!!!!

EWWWW!!! I was hungry for lunch, but not anymore!! icon_lol.gif

jelligirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jelligirl Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 6:07pm
post #47 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

They're like SNOT WADS....OR LOOGIES.

OMG!!! i am sitting here at work just laughing so hard and trying not to hurl at the same time icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

i heard it was called sperm as well and i try to get them each time.....i love eggs but this is really giving me the cramps icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

denise4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise4 Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 6:09pm
post #48 of 94

I was once cooking breakfast for someone and I asked "how do you like your eggs" she said " oh you know soft, but not SNOTTY" icon_eek.gif I practally threw up there and then....

dont laugh...(oh go then) but I cant eat "Pretty" animals, icon_redface.gif

Lamb, after a tour of Scotland in spring 6yrs ago, I saw hundreds of the beautiful little things chasing after their mums

Rabbits, another no no, Ive never eaten one of those sweet things.

Deer........how on earth can anyone eat BAMBI icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

lilmisscantbewrg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmisscantbewrg Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 6:11pm
post #49 of 94

I've never picked them out, but I will NOW!! This thread reminded me of a children's book that my son has. ( I tried to forget about it)
It's called Egg Story by Anca Hariton. I bought a "lot" of books off ebay and that was one that came with it. Oh, how I wish I would've previewed this book before reading it at bedtime. It illustrates the life of a chicken egg. After finishing the book, my son looks at me with these horrified eyes and says.."Mom, we've been eating baby chickens!" Try explaining that one to a then-7 yr old. So, he no longer eats eggs and I try not to think about it. Ewww!
I'm going to go eat my lunch and block this from my mind.. icon_eek.gif

*note to other parents....please preview all books before reading them to little ones. There was also a book about teenage suicide in this lot. That one stays on the top shelf in my closet. It's not quite what I want in a bed time story.

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 6:14pm
post #50 of 94

I ran out to make deliveries and was so excited to see this post still going when I got back!!!!

I too cannot touch raw meat or chicken. I once broke up with a boyfriend many years ago because he constantly made fun of me for this (among other things!)!!

I almost mentioned the chicken veins and white things this morning, but just couldn't bring myself to type it. If I have a piece of chicken and find a vein while I am eating my family knows it will probably be a month before we have chicken again!

I grew up on a farm with lots of different livestock and helped with EVERY job involved in the process, but the older I get the weaker my stomach gets.

I love a really good steak, but my youngest stepson has learned that if he starts to make moo sounds or remind me that it was once a cow I will get sick and he gets the rest of my steak!!!

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 6:19pm
post #51 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcalhoun

Melissa

YUCK! I cut out that long nasty white piece out of the tenderloins too! I can't eat shrimp unless they are battered becasue I can't stand looking at those gross things, and I can't eat many of them battered either...texture thing I think!

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 6:24pm
post #52 of 94

Oh, and I can eat a couple types of fish until I get a little blackish colored piece of it. DH says it's fat or something, but I say it's gross!

cakesksa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesksa Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 6:39pm
post #53 of 94

Wow, who would have thought egg boogers would be such a hot topic?! When I started this thread this afternoon, my time (I'm in Saudi Arabia), I didn't get any responses (I guess because it was the middle of the night in the US) and I was kind of disappointed. I just came back and what a surprise! Looks like I've helped move alot of you over to the booger-removing faction!

I also do not eat eggs in any form unless they are mixed into something. And I have a confession to make....if I am baking for my family, I always remove the boogers, but for customers I figure what's a little extra protein?! Shhhhh! Don't tell anyone....

Julie icon_smile.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 6:49pm
post #54 of 94

I haven't read through this whole thread but those whitish things are called Chalazae. They are natures shock absorbers so the yolks don't break inside of the eggs. They are completely safe to eat also. (man, I'm glad I actually paid attention in class today, this is one of the things we learned about)

brilandken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brilandken Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 7:00pm
post #55 of 94

I never really noticed the egg booger before. I am always too busy trying to get the yolk out. I can not eat the yolk. Yuck! My hubby thinks I'm crazy, but I hate the flavor and texture.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 7:09pm
post #56 of 94

I haven't time to read all these posts now as I have a cake going, but I have to comment on NikkiDoc's high school home-ec class. My teacher told us you should never mix your food when you eat because it makes it harder on the stomach. Seems she believed, honestly, that corn goes here, meat goes there, etc etc etc. ALWAYS eat one food item at a time!!

As far as the stringy white thing in eggs I leave them in. This thread is a crack-up. Shame on eggs for traumatizing so many little kids!! LOL

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 7:10pm
post #57 of 94

If you have ever made homemade ice cream and gotten one in your mouth!! GAG!! That's why I remove them! GROSS!

Beth in Ky

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 7:20pm
post #58 of 94
Quote:
Quote:

Deer........how on earth can anyone eat BAMBI

Sounds like my elder brother trying to make sure he got seconds or thirds on the "bambi burgers." If you were squeamish growing up in our house, you went hungry or got over it. He also referred to raisins in oatmeal cookies as dead flies, coconut in cream pie was hair. Some of you must not have grown up with older brothers. Between my dad and my brothers nothing too much bugs me. Too be honest, however, while I'll eat tongue; I've never had the guts to make it. And I refuse to eat meat -squirrel- peppered with buckshot. Crunch - ick.

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 7:28pm
post #59 of 94

EUWWWWWW!!!! I can't believe you eat tongue!!! How can you get past the fact that it's a tongue??? Not that I'll ever try it! I used to be able to eat deer until I started cooking the ground venison!! It has these little pieces of rubbery lookin stuff in it that I just imagine to be chopped up, but not fine enough....veins or arteries or whatever! YUCK!!!!!Sometimes I cook it but I can't eat it!!! Never really paid attention to the egg boogers though!!! LOL!

biviana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
biviana Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 7:42pm
post #60 of 94

To much work to remove them, so in they go!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%