Best Online Shopping For Cake Supplies?

Decorating By TiffTurtle Updated 21 Jun 2017 , 4:15am by Rachel19

TiffTurtle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TiffTurtle Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 7:19am
post #1 of 14

im done ...im sick of running all over the place looking for my cake stuff...i live in BFE and there is just nothing around here for getting what i need...heck the bakery up town didnt even know what fondant was when i asked them about it icon_eek.gif ...so can any of you tell me where i can look online to get a good selection of supplies? i need so much stuff ...i have looked at sugarcraft but thats the only one i know that there has to be more.

TIA

TIffy

13 replies
calitexan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 12:08pm
post #3 of 14

Well, start here at the CC store! They have a lot of cool things.

Other places I frequent are:

Country Kitchen

Cakes By Sam

The Bakers Kitchen

Beryl's

Global Sugar Arts

shadowgypsie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shadowgypsie Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 12:11pm
post #4 of 14

Try this one. Catalog is free and they have almost everything.

www.sweetc.com

tbittner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tbittner Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 12:22pm
post #5 of 14

I also highly recommend CC, but when they are out of stock I use countrykitchensa.com, they have a great variety, great prices and shipping is mimimal and very quick. Customer service is supurb as well. I live in Ohio and I usually get my order the day after they ship by UPS.

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/shops/cake_decorating.aspx

Tracy

fat-sissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fat-sissy Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 12:26pm
post #6 of 14

For boxes & boards: www.brpboxshop.com (they don't charge S/H!)

For edible image supplies: www.icingmagic.com (they also don't charge S/H)

zoraya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoraya Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 12:35pm
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat-sissy

For edible image supplies: www.icingmagic.com (they also don't charge S/H)

Thank you! I've been looking for a source for this!

LisaMS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMS Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 12:43pm
post #8 of 14

For fondant I use cakedeco.com.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 12:51pm
post #9 of 14

cakedeco.com
oasisupply.com
countrykitchensa.com

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 7:37pm
post #10 of 14

For boxes and boards try ccwsupply.com, you don't need to purchase a full case.

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 29 May 2017 , 10:51pm
post #11 of 14

Love global sugar art and they have everything however, the shipping can get expensive. 

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 30 May 2017 , 12:39am
post #12 of 14

Check ebay too.

mkcherry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkcherry Posted 8 Jun 2017 , 5:44am
post #13 of 14

Bulk piping bags, cake boards, cupcake liners white boxes (i use sturdy white industrial boxes and put a custom sticker on them, way more secure than cake boxes, tall enough for stacked cakes, I used *artisan cake company*'s  demo to tape the boxes and cut a flap for removal. 

AMAZON !!!
With prime  free shipping is considered cost less per item than the restaurant depots and all other cake stores that I've found

petal dust 

ebay 

Ingredients 
Winco; if you have one near you they are cheaper than Sam's Club and actually carry cake flour. It really makes the difference between home made cake and bakery quality cake, cheapest I've found anywhere that doesnt make you buy 100+ lbs at a time 

Fondant tools, miscellaneous forms, stencils, cutters, presses and flower making tools 

WISH
this is an iphone app. its one of those straight from China bulk sellers BUT I've bought hundreds of dollars of equipment Id seen and wanted from ebay, amazon, craftsy, cake stores etc. and it is the EXACT same item. I might have to wait three weeks for it but sometimes the difference is $10 - 15 per item and and molds that really adds up. For one cake I bought starfish, sand dollar, sea horse and sea snail molds, large ones. paid less than $10 with shipping would have cost that much per mold elsewhere. 

I get my fondant and high ratio shortening from amazon as well but occasionally buy it locally price varies but i've never paid more than $4/5.5 a lb which is right on par with making my own, making your own red and black fondant is pointless and infuriating, just buy it. 

Rachel19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachel19 Posted 21 Jun 2017 , 4:15am
post #14 of 14

Global Sugar Art and Evil Cake Genius are my two favorites, and I can find almost everything I need from them. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%