Container Idea Needed...

Baking By tricia Updated 8 Feb 2007 , 5:14pm by tyty

tricia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tricia Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 1:26am
post #1 of 16

I need an idea for a cookie bouquet container for a man for valentines day...I don't want to use a mug or terra cotta pot.
This is the first order I recieved from this person and it is for her husband..want to make sure she is pleased so she will order again. She also ordered 4 more but they are for females...that's easy!

15 replies
eriksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eriksmom Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 1:31am
post #2 of 16

It's hard to say without knowing something about the husband or what the cookies will look like. i would go to home depot and browse around and try to get some ideas from that, if he is that kind of guy. or maybe you could dress up a tackle box if he's into fishing. the possibilities are endless, you just need to know more about the recipient, and let your imagination go from there.

tricia Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 1:34am
post #3 of 16

I don't know a thing about him...She ordered a heart, X O and a red hot lip....I am thinking about maybe a small silver bucket?

mcalhoun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcalhoun Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 2:00am
post #4 of 16

Silver bucket was my first thought as well.

eriksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eriksmom Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 2:17am
post #5 of 16

are you putting the cookies on actual sticks, or how are you planning on displaying them?

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 2:31am
post #6 of 16

The Hallmark shop has some nice heavy heart shaped bowls that were only about 2 1/2 or 3 inches deep in red and pink. This came to mind when reading your post because my husband first noticed them and called me over to have a look at them. Maybe this guy would like them too. They might be a little pricey but your customer may not mind paying a little more for hubby either. icon_biggrin.gif

Lea

mitsel8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mitsel8 Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 4:32am
post #7 of 16

What about a plain paint can from Home Depot? They sell them in a couple of different sizes. They are kind of cool, shiny and silver and masculine.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 1:01pm
post #8 of 16

You could find a glass bowl at somewhere like Michael's very cheap. Put a piece of styrofoam in the middle, and once the cookies (on sticks, I'm assuming) have been placed, carefully fill around the styrofoam with either shred, marbles, or candies.

patton78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patton78 Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 1:05pm
post #9 of 16

My first thought was a silver bucket at well, I think that would be really cute and masculine.

hsdwidow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsdwidow Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 1:11pm
post #10 of 16

The paint bucket sounds cool. You could make your own label that advertized love in some way, or had his name on the bucket.

tricia Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 12:05am
post #11 of 16

I decided on the paint bucket...got one at HOme Depot today, i think it will work pretty good..it is silver chrome color...I may paint something on the outside of it....thanks for the ideas!

kendraanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendraanne Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 12:13am
post #12 of 16

I love the paint can idea. Mind if I ask how much they cost?

tricia Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 5:06am
post #13 of 16

It was $1.88 quart size. I will probably paint some kind of a saying on it with paint markers...Be Mine.....He's Mine!...Awesome Husband???? I will think of something...and make a cookie bouquet with an X an O and a big heart and lips...
Thanks for the input.

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 4:43pm
post #14 of 16

i love the idea of the paint bucket, can't wait to see pics.
As i was reading i thought of buckets, sometimes target has plain red buckets for v-day. Or you can find silver ones at michaels. I also thought maybe a glass mug from the dollar store would be cute. he can use for drinks or beers later on.

mitsel8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mitsel8 Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 5:11pm
post #15 of 16

katskakes-
I like the idea of a beer mug/stein.

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 5:14pm
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsel8

katskakes-
I like the idea of a beer mug/stein.

I think that would be a real manly look, sounds great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%