Help! I Need Some Ideas On Making An Elephant Cake

Decorating By madronaleah Updated 18 Mar 2005 , 3:26am by madronaleah

madronaleah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madronaleah Posted 13 Mar 2005 , 9:30pm
post #1 of 9

My cousins birthday is almost here and I have been wracking my braing on ideas. She loves elephants so I would love to make one for her cake but I cant think of any ideas. Please help!!

8 replies
Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 13 Mar 2005 , 10:25pm
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by madronaleah

My cousins birthday is almost here and I have been wracking my braing on ideas. She loves elephants so I would love to make one for her cake but I cant think of any ideas. Please help!!

Do you have the 3D Frog Pan?? if so you can make it with that and just add say card board for the ears.

You can use buttercream frosting and pipe them right on to the cake..

You can get a coloring book page of an elephant and do a Chocolate Transfer or a Buttercream frozen transfer or you can use the glaze. if your interested in any of these there is step by steps of this on my web site the first two are under Calif4dawn and the last one is under my name in the sugar craft article area..

You can draw this out on to a piece of waffer paper and then color it in with non editable markers or food coloring or non editable chaulk ..

Hope this helps..

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 13 Mar 2005 , 10:31pm
post #3 of 9

Hi,
Go to the photo gallery and do a search for elephants. There are three hits there. I especially like pink elephant, but I'd do it with crusted buttercrem and then fondant for the ears and trunk. Hope that helps some. Good luck!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 14 Mar 2005 , 5:25pm
post #4 of 9

http://www.wilton.com/recipes/recipesandprojects/bday/abirthdaytheyllneverforget.cfm -this is on wilton's site, but I am sure that it could help

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 14 Mar 2005 , 5:37pm
post #5 of 9

I like my pink elephants I made for New Years once. It' could easily be made in to any celebration cake (as long as the person understands the joke behind pink elephants... I'm amazed at how many young people don't.)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/105829194/107950781cublzU

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 14 Mar 2005 , 5:42pm
post #6 of 9

Some of us do icon_wink.gif - maybe the ones that don't have never watched the movie Dumbo.

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 15 Mar 2005 , 6:52pm
post #7 of 9

Ok, I'm one of the young ones that doesn't know the joke. I love a good joke icon_lol.gif . Tell me please!

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 15 Mar 2005 , 7:52pm
post #8 of 9

When you are drunk- you see pink elephants dancing all around you.

The joke is actually older than the Dumbo movies, but a lot of people know of the joke in reference to that.

madronaleah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madronaleah Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 3:26am
post #9 of 9

I went to the wilton site as was suggested. I found the cutest elephaunt cake. It turned out great! I wish that I could post a picture but I cant. If anyone else is looking for this type of cake they cand find a picture like the one that I made on the wilton site entitled Enourmous Birthday Wishes! Thanks everyone!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%