About To Start My First Wedding Cake...

Decorating By CAubert20 Updated 12 Oct 2005 , 6:36pm by MrsMissey

CAubert20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAubert20 Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 3:00pm
post #1 of 3

Just to clear a few things before I start:

The cake will be delivered on Sat.

When should I start baking..Wed.?

The cake will be 6", 9", 12" three tiers. Does this sound like a good match?

I bought my 6, 9, 12" cake boards and dowels. What do I cover the cake boards with? They will be covered up by the border so you won't see them.

Also I need a good red color for just the dots on the side of the cake. Do you think the ready to use icing in red would work okay? It is the only one I have seen that looks the right color.

And last, what is the best way to transport it? In boxes or not? It will be assembled when I get there.

I have never assembled a cake before on site. what is the best way to do it?

2 replies
PinkPanther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkPanther Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 6:30pm
post #2 of 3

Hi,

I would definitely start baking Wed. You could make your icing on Thurs. and decorate Fri. Or make icing and ice your cakes on Thurs. and finish decorating Friday.

If you bought the grease-proof cake boards you don't have to cover them with anything since they won't show. If not, foil is a good option.

Definitely put your tiers in boxes to transport. Make sure you put rubber liner underneath your cake boards in your boxes and then under the boxes in the car so they won't slide.

The ready to use icing should be fine. I don't see why not, since it's just for dots.

I haven't assembled a cake on site either yet, so I can't help you there. Good luck and let us know how it turns out! thumbs_up.gif

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 3

You mentioned that the 12" cake board will be covered by the border....just checking, do you have a stand to put this on?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%