My Little Pony Cake

Decorating By GraciesMommy214 Updated 31 Jan 2007 , 5:18pm by oreochic

GraciesMommy214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GraciesMommy214 Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 8:24am
post #1 of 6

My daughter is requesting a My Little Pony cake with a Minty Pony on top... and I can't think of anything... HELP!!

5 replies
CakesByEllen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByEllen Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 1:53pm
post #2 of 6

What about a buttercream transfer on a cake? You could carve the cake shape to match the transfer too.

projectqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 4:42pm
post #3 of 6

I'm seeing a round 2-tier cake with a mint green bottom cake and a smaller pink top cake with the mint pony on top.

You could make some flowers and/or butterflies to put on the sides of the cakes. The top of the cake could have a rainbow and the pony could sit in a puffy "cloud" of white icing.

Hope that helps inspire you?

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 4:49pm
post #4 of 6

Love the projectqueen's idea!!! My daughter loves MLP too and my neice is requesting one for her birthday!! You could do the mints on Minty's rear for the borders on the pink and green 2 tier!!! Please post pics!!! I LOVE this idea!!!!!

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 4:50pm
post #5 of 6

When are you doing this cake?

oreochic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oreochic Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 5:18pm
post #6 of 6

I love projectqueen's idea of the 2-tier cake! But you could also use either the rocking horse pan to do a laydown cake or even the 3-d lamb cake pan to do the MLP laying down on top of a round or square cake of grass...
My daughter loves MLP. I think I may try to get her to do a MLP birthday party this year!! party.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%