Baked Ham Cake

Decorating By trisha1972 Updated 8 Mar 2005 , 9:45am by flayvurdfun

trisha1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trisha1972 Posted 7 Mar 2005 , 2:29pm
post #1 of 11

I've done the turkey with great results. I'd like to make a baked ham cake for our Easter Dinner. Does anyone have the directions?
Please email them to me at [email protected]

10 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 7 Mar 2005 , 2:33pm
post #2 of 11

Here's a Dr. Seuss Green Eggs and Ham cake:
http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/special/cake/cake_greeneggs/
You could probably modify it to your needs somehow.
It was the only thing I could find.

trisha1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trisha1972 Posted 7 Mar 2005 , 2:37pm
post #3 of 11

Thanks, m0use, but that isn't what I reeeeaaaalllly want. The one I am talking about looks JUST LIKE a baked ham straight out of the oven. I wowed everyone with my turkey, I'd like to do the same thing with a ham.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 7 Mar 2005 , 3:04pm
post #4 of 11

Yeah..doing the turkey was a blast! I would love to try the ham also...if you get any kind of directions, would you mind passing them on to me?

MrsMissey Posted 7 Mar 2005 , 3:06pm
post #5 of 11

Ooops! Guess it would help if I included my e-mail address [email protected] icon_rolleyes.gif

-TenderHeart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-TenderHeart Posted 7 Mar 2005 , 3:59pm
post #6 of 11

Hi again. icon_smile.gif These aren't instructions, but I did an image search for "ham cake" and found this at frenchsbakery.com: Image It seems to me that as long as you got the basic shape, the criss-cross-type pattern in a dark color, and the pineapple/cherry accents, it would "suggest" a ham to people. If the inside of the cake were done in a dark pink/rose-color, you could also cut slices to make it look like the ham's been carved a bit. icon_smile.gif I'd be interested in seeing what others come up with. What a fun idea. icon_smile.gif

MrsMissey Posted 7 Mar 2005 , 4:05pm
post #7 of 11

Oh yeah! There you go..that's more like it!! Thanks!

-TenderHeart Posted 7 Mar 2005 , 4:08pm
post #8 of 11

Yes, and you know, just looking at this and thinking about it, it doesn't seem like it would be too terribly hard. But it's easier to look at a picture and think about it than to do it, icon_wink.gif so I'll be interested in seeing how the cake turns out by anyone who actually makes it. icon_smile.gif

suzyqqq27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzyqqq27 Posted 8 Mar 2005 , 2:22am
post #9 of 11

There is a picture of one in the gallery here:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=52&pos=8

Hope that helps,
Suzanne M.

-TenderHeart Posted 8 Mar 2005 , 2:26am
post #10 of 11

That is a *fabulous* cake!!!!! Now I wanna make one too! icon_biggrin.gif

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 8 Mar 2005 , 9:45am
post #11 of 11

its amazing what people do with cakes nowadays.... my husband seen the ham cake and said what is that supposed to be? Why would a ham be on a cake website???? icon_lol.gif Now he knows why I love this stuff!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%