How Many Roses?

Decorating By jonilovescake Updated 30 Jan 2007 , 2:01pm by GeminiRJ

jonilovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonilovescake Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 1:06pm
post #1 of 6

How many roses do you guys think I should make for a 8 or 9 round? I'm going to make 15 for little clusters around the top rim holding ribbon in place. Then I want to use roses to go around the base as a border.

Thanks to all you experienced rose people! This will actually be the first time I get to put roses on a cake! Everybody seems to want gift box cakes, baby cakes blah blah blah. I'm so bored with those and I'm so excited to do this 40th birthday cake for a friend. It's supposed to be pink and white. Can't decide if I should do cornelli lace or not....oh, decisions decisions.... icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 1:11pm
post #2 of 6

Cornelli lace is a favorite of mine. I use it a lot, and it is especially nice on a cake for a lady. The number of roses will depend on how crowded you want them on the cake. I think less is more, most of the time. See what looks nice to you.

jonilovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonilovescake Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 1:38pm
post #3 of 6

Should I make different sized roses or try to keep them all uniform in size?

joby1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joby1 Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 1:46pm
post #4 of 6

I prefer a variety of sizes and think it looks better with everything not so uniform...MHO.

Good luck!!

J

NikkiDoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NikkiDoc Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 1:49pm
post #5 of 6

Search "roses" in the galleries and look at all the varying things that come up. That's usually how I get an idea for what I want.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 2:01pm
post #6 of 6

I would definitely go with different sizes for on top. I'd probably go with uniform sizes for the base border, but I'm not sure what you have in mind. Trust your instincts.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%