Traveling With Cake Pops In Heat

Baking By smile22 Updated 13 Jul 2017 , 9:30am by h0mesweeth0me

smile22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smile22 Posted 10 Jul 2017 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 2

I am going to be heading to a wedding end of the month it's 4 1/2 hours Away we are taking the train. I am making 100 cake pops that have to travel with me. 

This is is my thoughts getting a styraphome cooler placing a box or two  inside with all the cake pops placing a thin sheet and some gel ice packs on top. Do you think that will hold up the pops or would I need some more insulation 

wedding is on Saturday we are heading down on Thursday and hoping to get the pops to the venue by Friday. They will be in the ac of the hotel 

I traveled with cake truffles to the bridal shower in may but I went with my sister mom and grandma and we drove down truffles were not wrapped placed in air tight containers in Grocery store thermal bags and they survived.

g

1 reply
h0mesweeth0me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
h0mesweeth0me Posted 13 Jul 2017 , 9:30am
post #2 of 2

I have had a few nightmare situations when I have transported cake pops- and my big problem was that they bumped each other all the time and either stuck together or floral decroations got damages. What I have started doing is transporting them in tupperware boxes with little holes cut in the top for the sticks. This keeps them spaced out and stable.  to keep them cool you can surround the boxes with dry ice or freezer packs. I often find that a cooled a/c car is good (and I live in warm Israel.)  You can see in the photos below how I travel with them...

Hope this helps!!

xx

Tammy

Traveling With Cake Pops In HeatTraveling With Cake Pops In HeatTraveling With Cake Pops In Heat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%