I Need To Buy A Stove For Baking.

Baking By mbueno_1 Updated 23 Feb 2017 , 1:25pm by mbueno_1

mbueno_1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbueno_1 Posted 17 Feb 2017 , 2:56pm
post #1 of 6

I need a stove with a good oven for my home cake business.  I dont want to spend over $2000.  I want to purchase it this president's day sale weekend!!!!!  So this is an emergency!!!! Have cakes due february 26, 2017!!!!!  Help!!!!

5 replies
ConnieCakes14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConnieCakes14 Posted 18 Feb 2017 , 2:20pm
post #2 of 6

Convection, convection, convection oven!! My cakes bake so evenly and beautifully in a convection oven. Mine is the GE Adora and I absolutely love it. Could not bake perfect cakes without it.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 18 Feb 2017 , 4:24pm
post #3 of 6

I agree convection.  I have an electric convection by GE, great for cookies, and a Kenmore gas convection, great for cakes.  (gas heat is moister.)  You have a very good budget for an oven!  I don't think I spent $2000 for both ovens together.

Rosita0547 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosita0547 Posted 21 Feb 2017 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 6

I'm so confused, I've read that convection ovens are not good for baking cakes, I've been wanting to get one but I'm confused. Can anyone help me out, can you put more cakes in at a time? It takes me so long to bake with my conventional oven because I can only use the middle rack. So I thought getting a convection oven would be better but I'm reading that they are not recommended for baking cakes, so confused

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 23 Feb 2017 , 12:51am
post #5 of 6

I'd bet that every commercial or production bakery in the country uses convection ovens.  They're great for everything - you just have to make a few adjustments when you start with them.  They bake faster and hotter, so watch the time and turn the heat down.  The convection feature automatically increases the "effective" heat by 25 degrees, so you'll want to bake around 300-310 when using convection.  And yes, I can cram both ovens full of cake pans.

mbueno_1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbueno_1 Posted 23 Feb 2017 , 1:25pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks all and yes I bought a convection oven.  The LG probake gas stove on sale for 1,699.99 at Best Buy.  I live in New York so everything here is $$$$$.  It will be delivered March 4.  It has very good reviews.  Will keep you posted once I start using it.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%