Contracts?

Business By Dee0024 Updated 1 Jan 2017 , 9:08pm by cakingandbaking

Dee0024 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dee0024 Posted 31 Dec 2016 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 2

I was wondering how you all came up with your contracts. I'm just starting out and was wondering if anyone had any tips for me. Thank you in advance :).

1 reply
cakingandbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakingandbaking Posted 1 Jan 2017 , 9:08pm
post #2 of 2

Here's a link that I found helpful when writing my contract: http://rosebakes.com/generic-blank-wedding-cake-contract/

There are so many details you have to figure out when writing a contract - how many weeks ahead of the delivery date do you require payment, what is your policy in case of cancellation, etc. Be super specific and put EVERYTHING in writing, from the names/numbers of all contact people to exact details about the cake design, and read through every single part of the contract with them/have them read it through themselves and then sign it. Always make sure you get full payment before you start the order. If there are any other specifics that are important to you (only accepting payment in cash, for instance) put that in there as well. 

Finally, make sure you have a lawyer who knows your local laws look over the contract to make sure that everything you've put in there is appropriate for the laws in your area.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%