Need Some Advice With Edible Picture On Cake

Decorating By Cookie269 Updated 21 Nov 2016 , 8:49pm by Cookie269

Cookie269 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie269 Posted 12 Nov 2016 , 8:22pm
post #1 of 4

i have never done an edible picture on a cake and my client has requested make one for her. i have seen some tutorial videos in the past but i have some questions which will help me a lot:

1) Can an edible picture be pasted on a fondant cake? she wants her cake fondant.

2) I know I have to buy a new printer because obviously my current one is used for regular ink, so any specific brand printer which is good for this?

3) The best place to buy edible ink and the sheets.

3 replies
ropalma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ropalma Posted 15 Nov 2016 , 7:34pm
post #2 of 4

There are places where you can order the edible picture.  You can then pass the cost to the customer.  I would not go and buy a printer for just this one order unless you get orders like this all the time.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 16 Nov 2016 , 2:54am
post #3 of 4

Definitely don't go out and get an edible ink printer just to do one thing. I do a lot of printing and I still have trouble with my printers acting up, and if you don't use them on a regular basis they'll dry out and give you more trouble. I just did a bunch of videos about edible ink printers and the weird things they do, and it made me realize that I deal with a lot of error messages and other issues every single time I print anything. I'm so used to it I don't notice anymore. If you don't know how to deal with the problems it makes it more aggravating than it's worth.

You can get icing sheets printed at icingimages.com, it will be a lot easier and cheaper for you. You can glue them onto a fondant cake using piping gel or corn syrup.

Cookie269 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie269 Posted 21 Nov 2016 , 8:49pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks ladies ! :) 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%