Two Dimensional Figure On Isomalt...

Decorating By sweets2thesweet Updated 13 Nov 2016 , 8:19pm by sweets2thesweet

sweets2thesweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweets2thesweet Posted 24 Oct 2016 , 3:29pm
post #1 of 6

I'm doing an ice skating cake and I'm topping the cake with a thin sheet of isomalt to mimic the ice.  On top of that I'm adding two dimensional gumpaste ice skates. Now, normally I would just back the ice skates with skewers or lollipop sticks that I would insert into the cake to keep the skates upright.  With the isomalt, that won't be an option.  Any recommendations for keeping a fairly tall two dimensional figure upright without inserting into the cake?  TIA!

5 replies
yellowdog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellowdog Posted 24 Oct 2016 , 3:44pm
post #2 of 6

Not having worked with Isomalt before; I'll add my suggestions. I am assuming that the ice skates will have the blades. Could you not place the skates with the blades stuck into the isomalt  ice just after it's poured and before it sets.  Could you possibly pour a couple of isomalt "sticks" to adhere to the skates in place of the skewers?  Just my thoughts.  Hope you can use this info.

sweets2thesweet Posted 30 Oct 2016 , 8:24pm
post #3 of 6

That's a good idea!  Maybe I could place a couple of lollipop sticks into the isomalt before it hardens and then attach the ice skates to them.  Thanks for the advice, yellowdog!

sweets2thesweet Posted 5 Nov 2016 , 6:35pm
post #4 of 6

[postimage id="5560" thumb="900"]

They turned out great!  Thanks for the advice!

yellowdog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellowdog Posted 6 Nov 2016 , 2:05pm
post #5 of 6

They turned out awesome.  It's a beautiful cake.  Great Job!

sweets2thesweet Posted 13 Nov 2016 , 8:19pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%