How Much Do You Pay For Cake Mix (Bulk)?

Business By Bakerina Updated 9 Nov 2016 , 8:35pm by renaeheineck

Bakerina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakerina Posted 13 Oct 2016 , 1:57am
post #1 of 4

I'm curious to know how much every one is paying for their bulk cake mix.  I do scratch cakes and I also bake with cake mix (Best Brands).  I know that prices have increased but I seem to be paying quite a bit .  

I typically order about 8 of the 50 pound bags of Best Brands Cake Mix a week.  I'm paying about $97 per bag.  Does this seem right? I also buy some Dawn Cake Mix for about $79 per bag.   When I first started a few years ago I paid quite a bit less.  

Your opinions and comments are appreciated. :)

3 replies
Bakerina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakerina Posted 2 Nov 2016 , 6:05pm
post #2 of 4

Bump. 

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 5 Nov 2016 , 1:17am
post #3 of 4

Seems like I would order from Walmart and do a grocery drive through and pick up. Standard boxes are 15-18 oz at about $1 each. You are paying $2/lb.

Ok, so A LOT of boxes to open. Still seems high....

For others, region would help....where are you?

renaeheineck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renaeheineck Posted 9 Nov 2016 , 8:35pm
post #4 of 4

I was purchasing Duncan Hines commerical mixes from BakeMark, it's now a special order since they don't have it in the warehouse.  The quality is good, but I seemed to be paying more than if I watched sales at local grocery stores and then ordered cases of DH from them.  I pay around $1/box for DH vanilla and chocolate.

Shop around and get a quote from your local BakeMark they carry a large variety and if your sales rep is worth anything, he/she can advise you as to which brand they recommend and why.

NW Oregon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%