Wedding Cake Question Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Decorating By jujumakescakes Updated 13 Oct 2016 , 10:31pm by SweetNeddy

jujumakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jujumakescakes Posted 12 Oct 2016 , 6:13pm
post #1 of 4

I  am making a wedding cake for a friend in early November , the venue is 3 hours away . The cake is 3 tiers  vanilla with strawberry filling with Swiss Meringue  Butter cream.

I have only used   Swiss Meringue Buttercream  twice before and not had to transport it , I am invited to the wedding at staying at the venue.  I have a few questions and hope someone can anwser them .

Which option do you feel is best;

1. Transport everything and put it all together at the venue, if so what is the best way to transport the Swiss Meringue Buttercream

2. Transport everything and make the Swiss meringue buttercream at the venue.

3. Leave the same days as the wedding and transport the cake completely frosted and staacked.

4. frost each layer transport it the 3 hours and then stack the cake and add the flowers.

Thank you  in advance for your help.

Julie

3 replies
idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 12 Oct 2016 , 6:50pm
post #2 of 4

I'd go with option 4. Frost each layer, transport and then stack.

tfarghali Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tfarghali Posted 12 Oct 2016 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 4

No. 4 seems  the best as SMB holds up well and does  not need to be refrigerated so long as the egg whites have been cooked to a foodsafe temperature of 160 degrees. You can easily prep the layers the day before, drive to the venue and assemble there. Plus, SMB holds its shape very well and individual prepared layers shouldn't be messed up by the time you arrive. Good luck and have fun!

SweetNeddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetNeddy Posted 13 Oct 2016 , 10:31pm
post #4 of 4

Definitely option 4. Make sure that your tiers are as cold as possible before boxing them up (a couple hours in a freezer would be good). Keep your vehicle cool - and try to keep the cake boxes out of the sun while in your car (a sunny window can really warm things up. Finally- make sure you have a good repair kit - extra SMBC, bags/tips, spatulas... and, a big shirt or apron to cover your party clothes (or am I the only one who gets as much frosting on me as on the cake?) Oh.. and depending on how tall the cake is.. and the stand and table, you might need a step stool/ladder.

Have fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%